Most ergonomic hard use small traditional folder?

Pgm9etu.jpg

Uh fellas, have we been baited?

I, too, thought that the knives they put in the category didn’t quite fit the description. Especially the Victorinox and the GEC. But nonetheless, I just posted that as an example to show that we didn’t just make it up. The way I see it, a “modern traditional” is something that fills the need for that traditional aesthetic but contains modern materials or a bit of modern influence that would otherwise disqualify it from being traditional. Mind you that it is not simply a modern slipjoint that does not necessarily fill that traditional aesthetic. Take for example, the Lionsteel Roundhead, an example people associate with the term modern traditional. It is very much a barlow pattern, but so modernized that Prestor John above literally called it “not traditional.” So what would you call it then? Its “not traditional” because it has modern design cues, titanium, and m390, yet its clearly a barlow. I guess theres only one thing to call it. A modern traditional
Those modern design cues and materials make it a Barlow inspired modern slipjoint.
It seems the term " modern traditional " ( which is an oxymoron and nonsensical ) comes from the fact that a bunch of people who think the only requirements for a traditional knife is for it to be two hand opening and or be a slipjoint.

I'm going to quit arguing about this though because there's clearly two boats and neither are big enough to carry everyone.

Pgm9etu.jpg

Uh fellas, have we been baited?

The backs of their punches may be soft, but Dasco still makes a great prybar and they're very affordable too.
Their mini bar like that is great, so is the slightly larger one, as is that little thumb bar you can only get at Walmart as a bonus in their " 2pc pry bar set " .

The little thumb bar is especially easy to carry, but even with the right angled end of those they'd still carry fairly easily.

Those modern design cues and materials make it a Barlow inspired modern slipjoint.
It seems the term " modern traditional " ( which is an oxymoron and nonsensical ) comes from the fact that a bunch of people who think the only requirements for a traditional knife is for it to be two hand opening and or be a slipjoint.

I'm going to quit arguing about this though because there's clearly two boats and neither are big enough to carry everyone.

Oh, I wasn’t arguing. Nor do I feel it needs to be argued. I hear where you guys are coming from. Just giving my two cents on the term. I am into traditionals myself, and feel the knives that fall into the “modern traditional” category fill a different but similar need, whatever you may call them

Oh, I wasn’t arguing. Nor do I feel it needs to be argued. I hear where you guys are coming from. Just giving my two cents on the term. I am into traditionals myself, and feel the knives that fall into the “modern traditional” category fill a different but similar need, whatever you may call them

I was the one that was arguing.

Back