Off Topic most ridiculous guns you've ever seen

People have used them for home defense.... aka quick pointing "shot gun". But the 410 is a bit wimpy with shot, better with slugs.

Snakes? Sure. But I don't kill snakes any more except poisonous snakes in my yard which in my yard has been never. I would probably kill a FL Python or similar snake where they are causing such a problem (if I could). A stout stick may not be enough for really large snakes.

Gilboa Snake
1410944869.jpg

Custom Revolver
revolver_1_2405.jpg

.50 BMG pistol Thunder
maxresdefault.jpg

Anzio Ironworks 20mm. Of course there is the 20mm Lahti, Solothurn s18-1000 and the Mechem NTW-20mm so maybe this is not that special.
Anzio-Ironworks-Monstrous-20mm.jpg

This Zip Gun is dumb on a whole other level.

Zip_22LR_s878x537.jpg

I won’t lie... I really want one of those Gilboa Snakes now. I could show off my super tight groupings, haha.

This is cool. Now I know none of you will believe me but I had a rifle one time that shot so far, I had to put salt in the load to keep the meat from spoiling before I could get to it. Ridiculous I'm telling you, ridiculous.
ps. I can't make this stuff up! :)

Wanted a bugasalt when they first came out. But couldn't get myself to shell out the cash. Rediculous? Well yes. But sometimes the rediculous will still put a smile on your face. I just looked at their site, and they now have a laser add-on option. Had they had that years ago, my credit card would have jumped out.

Yellow_Website_Q318_2048_1382_001_large.png

Then decided to find a poor man's alternative (not actually cheaper, but using what I had on hand). Pulled out some of my kids' air guns. Discovered that the Co2 powered BB guns can have quite a bit of punch pushing salt. Make sure there are no bb's in or anywhere near the gun. Then simply drop a pinch of salt down the barrel and take aim at the most annoying fly in the room (hopefully it's not human). Worked like a charm. Also a fun way to blast salt into your favorite meat dish or deli sandwich. :D The only down side, the elevation of target must be near level or higher than barrel, or the salt pours right back out.

If you search YT for the "Forgotten Wsapons" channel (also related to "Rock Island Auction Company") channel, you will come across some great historic firearms, as well as some newer ones.

Here's the SSK Industries' .950 JDJ Rifle (for the .950 JDJ bullet described in bottom video as 2,600gr bullet traveling at 2,200 fps, making 28,000 ft-lbs of energy):

Forgotten weapons is the only gun channel I like... good call

How about most modern guns which look like they fell off a transformer.
A basic Glock or a simple GI style AR is fine but add cutouts and skeletonizing and stuff and you've made it ugly.
Oh dessert eagles and S&W 500's are ridiculous as well, in movies these days the bad guys always gotta have a " Deagle " or a 500.
Dumb teenagers who play to much Call of duty all want one, " of there's a zombie apocalypse I want a " Deagle or 500 " they'll say.
Seriously a gold plated dessert eagle ? I hear all the time that the gun is not known for its reliability.
They just fowl too easily, they're not practical and I find them ugly.

Now one of the most ridiculous and ugliest guns I've ever seen would have to be the kel-tek RDB survival.

its not the musket itself, it just seems like it would be impractical with the time it takes to load for a single shot.
Dumb teenagers who play to much Call of duty all want one
i had a friend like this when i was younger. he was the guy that you never let use a good knife/machete/axe. he would try to cut rocks and old metal pipes with the blade. one time he used my dundee bowie and gave it back it looked like a serrated kitchen knife. i made him give me 20 bucks for resharpening.

There is the answer, ease of reloading or lack of makes it ridiculous.

Here goes, probably shouldn't, but I am gonna defend a weapon system that needs absolutely no defense, was the top of the heap for way longer than the not ridiculous guns listed above.

Thinking about getting or building a flintlock, JMO, because if the world goes to shit, (don't actually think it will) I'll be able to still use it. I can make black powder, and knap flints from local found chert or actual flint.
Bit harder with a cap lock musket or muzzle loader, but still doable,
with the proper materials or chemicals.
So I say, not even close to ridiculous, just not something you have an understanding of.
Get out more, not just YouTube videos, actually shoot stuff.
May not seem as ridiculous.

for some reason my post got cut off. the other one was the .69 muskets from chiappa
prodotti_immagini_immagine_377.jpg
In the smooth bore version I can hunt anything in north America with this gun small game with shot to moose with a round ball a .660-.675 lead ball pushed by 100 to 125 grains of black powder is nothing to sneeze at . Military loads were not very accurate because they used undersized balls so they could load gun that were dirty. Most smooth bores will shoot minute of deer to at least 50 yards some out a lot farther than that with proper loads

In the smooth bore version I can hunt anything in north America with this gun small game with shot to moose with a round ball a .660-.675 lead ball pushed by 100 to 125 grains of black powder is nothing to sneeze at . Military loads were not very accurate because they used undersized balls so they could load gun that were dirty. Most smooth bores will shoot minute of deer to at least 50 yards some out a lot farther than that with proper loads

How well do they shoot if you use a wadding to fill the gap between the ball and the barrel?

I have never had a 1842 I find most smooth bores shoot decent with a tight greased patch and a stiff over powder card . I have a T.C. 56 cal smooth bore I load 80 grain FFg or pyrodex 1/8" over powder card .535 R.B. patched with a greased thick cotton cloth patch that will shoot 4-6 groups at 50 yards. Or 60 grains of powder over shot card 1/2 "cushion wad set my powder measure to 80 grains and fill with 6.5 shot top with a couple of overshot cards it is effective for small game to 25 yards you can use 28 gauge components for it. I have played with a 20 gauge and 9mm smooth bores of my own and helped people with 16 an 12 gauge muzzle loaders and got decent results using the same process. I don't have the extra money for the gun nor a place close to hunt with that musket if I lived where I was close to good hunting I could see myself smoking a Turkey with that 1842 musket

its not the musket itself, it just seems like it would be impractical with the time it takes to load for a single shot.
Muskets were in practical use for centuries. Regulars could fire 3 volleys per minute and keep it up as long as needed, and of course most of them were faster when ordered to fire at will.

I just got two .50 cal pistols to go with my Hawkins rifle. I think they make a lot of sense.

Fintlocks were state of the art for centuries. They had their advancements and arms races just like we do with modern firearms. The American Kentucky/Pennsylvania Rifle might even be the pinnacle of flintlock technology, with it’s long, rifled barrel. It was twice as accurate as the Brown Bess the British were marching into battle with.

On the battlefield, trained soldiers could load them pretty quickly. And in guerrilla style tactics, many guys kept two or three loaded ones stashed nearby, to save time reloading.

The other thing about flintlocks is, especially smooth bores, you had to learn how to actually shoot.almost anyone can hit sub-MOA with a decent modern rifle, with a scope, rifled barrel, and hunting/competition ammo. With the old flintlocks, you couldn’t just “get by” and still put meat on the table. It took practice, and patience, and skill, and knowing how much powder worked in YOUR rifle, for the results you wanted. And it was a skill that most men in 17th and 18th century N. America were expected to learn.

When I first bought a flintlock (a left handed Traditions of some sort) I was quite humbled. I always considered myself a great shot, and even competed on the high school rifle team. But you could slip in your fundamentals, and still shoot a modern firearm reasonably well. Squeeze the trigger on a flintlock, and it doesn’t go boom instantly. You gotta follow through with the pull, keep your sight picture, and maintain your hold, while the powder in the pan burns and finally ignites the powder in the bore, and then, after what seems like an eternity, finally the rifle fires. I learned a lot about the importance of proper shooting fundamentals from a flintlock. Also took me a few weeks before I was able to hit the broadside of a barn from the inside! :D

I'm not commenting on the effectiveness of these, since at least one of these was actually popular in a world war, but I think I might still classify them all as ridiculous... (all internet photos; not mine)

Gun from 2012 movie which was reproduced and tested for plausability...
m8t84xS-660x295.jpg

Confusing whether this pic was 3D printed by German police, Australian police (all for testing security related issues), or from enthusiasts (different ones; do not attempt). The Australian police version fired a bullet (couldn't find caliber) 17cm (6.7 inches) into a block of gelatin while blowing up the pistol (potentially deadly for the shooter as well).
dezeen_3d-gun-test-german-police_1sq.jpg

Krummlauf - Krummlauf curved barrel (up to 90 degrees) and scope; used by Axis in WWII.
52c49c1b6a98d.image.jpg

Last edited:
Back