• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

(Mostly) User Knife Sale-> MOVED TO "FS FOLDING KNIVES (INDIVIDUAL)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important info has been bolded, but please read the entire post!

Hey all! I've picked up a fair amount of new knives in the last few months and I finally had some time to take stock of what I have, what I use and what's been sitting in a drawer for too long! I'm moving them along to free up some space in the collection and to recoup some funds to offset some recent purchases. The following knives for sale have all seen use except for the PM2, but are in good to great condition and would make excellent users. Links to more pictures of each knife can be found by clicking on the knife names below. I'd like to keep these in Canada, but after a week (7 days) from the date of this post, any remaining knives will be cross-listed in the "Folding Knives FS by Individual" sub. All prices in this thread are (obviously) in Canadian dollars.
9vo6R6i.jpg

Benchmade 417 Fact (User) $190->$175->$160
- Has been brought to work and used a few times by myself
- Tip has been rounded slightly from use
- Very faint scratches on the underside of the knife's liners
- Blade grind appears even
- Blade centering appears to favour the clip side (right hand side) ever so slightly
- Tuned by myself to have a free dropping action at the expense of a little horizontal blade play; no vertical blade play
- Wear mark on stop pin from use/opening
- Does not have a factory edge as I have cut things with it and touched it up on my Sharpmaker
- I've maintained the knife during its time in my possession if that matters to you (cleaning, lube, etc.)
- I'm the original owner, knife comes with box, pouch, papers, etc.

Benchmade 707BK Sequel (Light User) $175-> $160
- Very gently used to open some food packaging/cutting some thread and other light EDC tasks
- A small mark/dent on the front of the knife on top of the aluminum scale/stainless liner (indicated in photos) from when I dropped the knife in the microfiber pouch.
- A couple of faint lines on the blade (butterfly side) from use
- Tuned by myself to have a free action; even with the free action, there's almost no horizontal blade play and no vertical blade play
- Does not have a factory edge; I've cut a few things and touched up the edge on my Sharpmaker
- I've maintained the knife during its time in my possession if that matters to you (cleaning, lube, etc.)

Benchmade 485 Valet (Light User) $175 -> $160
- Very gently used to open some food packaging/cutting some thread and other light EDC tasks
- Wear mark on the stop pin from use/opening
- Blade centering heavily favours (right hand) clip side
- Tuned by myself to have a free action at the expense of some horizontal blade play, no vertical blade play
- Was sent back to Benchmade earlier this year to have broken Omega Springs replaced; it also had all the hardware replaced and was sharpened by them. So it has a factory edge, but has been resharpened once. Grind looks even and has not been used to cut anything or been touched up since.
- I've maintained the knife during its time in my possession if that matters to you (cleaning, lube, etc.), but have not done anything with/to it since I have recieved it back from its warranty work.

Zero Tolerance 0452CF (User) $180
- Used as a work knife, so it definitely shows some signs of wear, although it's still in good condition with lots of life left
- Blade centering looks to be pretty much perfect, maybe showing a slight bias towards the CF show scale (if it is off-centre, I'm having a hard time discerning it)
- Blade locks up solid with no vertical play and the slightest bit of horizontal play with current pivot adjustment (likely able to be adjusted out)
- This knife has been used, so there are some small/hard to notice scratches/scuffs on the blade; it didn't look like they photographed well and they are hard to see unless in specific lighting, but for full disclosure, there are some.
- I've maintained the edge in the past on my sharpmaker, but as the knife is currently, the edge could use a touch-up/sharpening
- Pocket clip and titanium scale show signs of carry/wear, however the pocket clip bears the brunt of it (see photos in link)
- I've maintained the knife while it's been in my possession which has consisted of full disassembly for cleaning on several occasions, however, from the factory, I was unable to remove the frame screws from the standoffs in the CF scale (due to permanent threadlocker in my estimation). As a result, in my first attempt to disassemble the knife for cleaning a couple years ago, it looks like I stripped those screws. It doesn't affect the performance of the knife (it's rock solid when put together) nor the ability to clean it via practical disassembly; it just means you should consider the standoffs as attached to the CF scale as the knife is currently. Check the photos in the link for a pic of the screw heads.
- Action on the knife is excellent, fires open and falls shut!
- Lockup looks to be right around 50% (see photos)
- I'm the original owner, and the knife comes with the box and papers

*SOLD* Zero Tolerance 0450CF (Light User) $160 *SOLD*
Picked this up from a fellow forum member off the exchange a while back; it was in good condition when I got it from them, and during its time with me, it's been carried and flipped more than it's been used to cut anything which hasn't been anything more demanding than a little bit packaging here and some loose string there.

- Blade centering is perfect to my eye
- When open, blade solidly locks up with no play in any direction
- Action is excellent, fire open and falls shut!
- Lock-up appears to be somewhere between 40%-50%
- The knife has been maintained during its time with me; this meaning it's been disassembled for cleaning and sharpened/touched up on my sharpmaker and strop.

*SOLD* Spyderco REX 45 Para Military 2 Sprint (LNIB) $198 *SOLD*
About as close to being new as a knife can get without actually being "new"; upon its arrival I opened it and took it out of the packaging to switch the clip to RH tip up, check the sharpness by cutting a piece of newsprint, and check the centering, action and lock-up. After doing that on the first day of having it, it's been living back in the box until today when I took it back out for photos. I was lucky enough to buy this at MAP from a US dealer and got it as a possible trade piece for the REX 45 Sprint I really want - the Military. However, I've bought some knives since and I'm still waiting for the REX 45 Military to drop so I figured I'd move this guy along almost at cost to recoup some funds to just buy the Military when it's released.

- Grind looks even; knife appears to be extremely sharp from when I tested it
- Lockup is around 30-40%
- Rock solid lock-up; no blade play in any direction when open.
- Action is smooth and hydraulic, although it's not free-dropping (I haven't touched the pivot, this is how it came from the factory)
- I haven't used or carried this knife so I haven't had to clean or sharpen it; it has the factory edge and other than moving the pocket clip, it hasn't seen a torx driver
- I'm the original owner, it comes with the box and all related papers, etc.

I'll entertain offers, but some of these knives have seen multiple price drops already and the others I believe I've priced fairly. As well, I'll offer deals on multiple knives; excluding the PM2, for every additional knife bought together, take $10 off the listed price. So buying two knives listed at $160 each would end up being $310 if bought together instead of $320 if purchased seperately. I'm also not looking for any trades at this time. If you're going to make an offer other than the posted price, please either PM me or leave a vistor's message on my profile. I'll accept payment either by EMT or by Paypal (G&S only); same price for either payment method (I pay the PP fees). Shipping is included to most Canadian addresses which will be by Canada Post Xpresspost and will include tracking, signature confirmation on delivery, and insurance.

First "I'll take it" posted in the thread or by PM/VM gets it. After that, I'll expect to have the funds within 24 hours of the post, after which the claim will expire and whoever's next in line gets a chance at it.

Miscellaneous Info:
- I live on the West Coast and work some early mornings, so replies/messages/email after about 10:00pm Vancouver time might not be answered until the following day
- I can work long hours and I don't work at a desk, so I'll try my best to respond quickly to any queries and such, but I may not be able to always respond right away.
- After purchase and upon delivery, please contact me if you're unhappy with a knife you've bought from me in any way! I'm confident that if you're unhappy, we can work something out to our mutual satisfaction.
- If you need more pictures or have any other questions, just ask! I'll be happy to accomodate!

Thanks for looking!

ETA: Posted remaining knives to Folding Knives FS (Individual) on Oct.6/18; if you're a Canadian buyer with a Canadian shipping address, I'll honour the prices here (in Canadian dollars), however, please post any "I'll take it"s in the new thread and we can go from there.

Last edited:
Can you send more pics of the zt0452cf to dholowachuk at Sasktel dot net

The ZT0452CF is currently still available as of Oct. 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back