Motion!

I am appalled by the name change of this forum. What inspired this name change? Confusion with another Sword Forum? This name feels very non-professional.

How about something simple like Sword and Sword Arts forum? Something better than "Knight to Ninja Sword Forum."

Any who agree with me please post.

Shinryû.

I second it. I'm not into swords, but I did check out Sword Forum, some good reading. I doubt I would even look at Knight and Ninja, since I have no desire to be either, and it sounds kind of stupid.

I agree Robert. Last thing I'd like to see is an influx of wanna be ninjas.
What brought this about?
I was looking for the sword forum wondering where it went when i noticed the change.
Sword forum seemed like a good name for a sword forum.

Shinryu, I was going to make a similar post, but I see you have already done it
wink.gif

I suppose Mike and Spark want to differentiate This forum from the Other swordforum. That makes sense. But 'Knight to Ninja' forum sounds terrible. Knights are a little dated and featured in at least one to many fairy tales, and the word 'Ninja', as Robert as so eloquently demonstrated in a couple of threads in This forum, has many erroneous Hollywoodesque connotations. Let's change it. Please.

Sword and Sword Arts Forum sounds good.

Swords, East and West would work.

I like BF Sword forum, but too many folks would probably read something into that
biggrin.gif

Really Big Knives and Sword forum? I dunno.

I was wondering around a few months ago about what would happen if BFC was called The Coliseum, instead of a Forum.

How about The Coliseum, a place for sword discussion of all kinds?

Lets hear some names folks, the current name Has To Go. It's too cute and silly.

BTW Spark and Mike, the general forum description needs changing also. It still says It is for sword talk.

Paracelsus

I agree.....next we`ll have wana be Ninja questions

------------------
Jay
Life is like a box of chocolates,never know what your gona git!
ICQ#4571042

"Swords - East and West" might work. So might "Sumeria to Samurai" to make it really broad.

Ninjas-schminjas!
smile.gif
At least with "Samurai" there's hard written history to go by!

The pen is mightier than the sword, but not in the dark.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

I generally don't complain about most stuff, MikeT, but this new forum name STINKS.

What was wrong with the ol' name, or some of the newer suggestions. Not just knights, or ninjas use swords you know.
tongue.gif

Please adjust accordingly.

------------------
Ray 'md2020'

ATKI member #A001042

What a stoopid name for a Sword Forum!
Well, this oughta bring all the pre and post pubescent kids out of the woodwork.
What was wrong with "The Sword Forum" anyway?

------------------
The individualist without strategy who takes opponents lightly will inevitably become the captive of others.
Sun Tzu

Motion carried, please change the Forum name back to

~The Sword Forum~

At least till a viable one is thought up?

G2

ps,
My mommy said I can't be a ninja as that is why my uncle on my mother's side of the family was taken off to ninja prison, he was caught at impersonating a ninja without a license!
I'd tell you more, but then I'd have to kill ya....
biggrin.gif

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

The new name stinks, lets go back to "Sword Forum" that says all that needs to be said

------------------
The thorn stands to defend the Rose, yet it is peaceful and does not seek conflict

What a positive sounding First post Triton! Welcome to Bladeforums. You will fit in fine
biggrin.gif

I asked Mike about the name change in the BF chat room last night. He confirmed that the Other Sword forum complained to him about the name. So he changed it to the name of one of his many former (presumably failed) businesses. He agrees that another name is in order. But I am pretty sure it will not be Sword Forum.

Please contribute more ideas!

Paracelsus

Yeah I know, pretty crummy of me huh! Look for more of the same! No seriously, this forum looks interesting and I will try to be a positive influence rather then a negative one.

Hey Shinryu,

I noticed that you were a moderator over here. Too cool. Just trying to expand the horizons a bit and all that.

Very cool Moderator Shinryu!

Looks like Mike knows how to do some things right
smile.gif

Congratulations on being made a moderator of this forum Robert. You have the knowledge, intelligence, and restrained personality for the job (unlike myself of course). However please feel free to slice and dice those wannabe Ninja's. I don't mind a little peasant blood shed now and then. It can be a remarkably effective technique for maintaining standards of intelligent and rational discourse, although I should note that Mr. Turber may not feel the same
biggrin.gif

Paracelsus

Yeah, once we get the name back to a more professional level, I think we'll really be on our feet here.

Glad to see a familiar name too, so yer most welcome here.

As to my moderator status, guess I just lucked out on that one
smile.gif

I've gotta write a few emails and see about getting some non-ferrous metals for a good price. Oh hey and now my tanto is continuing, if we get some pics of it, I'll show ya. Hehe...if you were impressed by JohnD's shirasaya, I think the saya on my tanto will be "nice" to say the least. We'll see how it goes.

But in any case, I've got some emails to write, I'll probably be on and off throughout today.

Shinryû.
ICQ UIN: 2069060

Dreaded double-dose post. Sorry all.

Robert, you can exercise your God-Like powers of moderation by excising this post for me. You don't need a sword. Just push the right button. Thanks

[This message has been edited by Paracelsus (edited 08-09-2000).]

"Knight to Ninja sword Forum?" Well, it does sound abit limiting especially when you are considering swords were used long before the idea of "knights" came about.

There is "NetSword.com" and "SwordForum.com" already so knowing this...yeah, another "Sword Forum" would be confusing. Well, let's see. "Swords: West and East" sounds almost as limiting. "Colosseum" sounds too "faddish" right now because of "Gladiator".

Might as well say just "Swords Discussion" since "forum" actually means "market", "court" or "Civic center" where the populus get together to discuss and buy.

This way, it is general sounding and all encompassing.

Just a thought.

Back