Mountaineer Height???

Looking at building a custom. How long will you be taking orders? Also, how high is the blade from the belly to the spine at the thickest point? Never owned an Adventure Sworn but photos make them look thinner than other blades of their type and I'm curious if it's my eyes or if its true. Thanks

I am also curious if anyone knows the answer? I searched around and couldn't find it. I placed order# 2229 last week!

I am also curious if anyone knows the answer? I searched around and couldn't find it. I placed order# 2229 last week!

I would like to know as well. I placed my order in March, #2204, and would also love to see where they are on their order backlog. They make some great knives, and cannot figure out why this forum doesn't see more activity. :confused::confused:

They updated their web site 'waiting list' tool.
Yours calculates to be ready in about 5.2 weeks.
My order number is 2229 places March 30th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They updated their web site 'waiting list' tool.
Yours calculates to be ready in about 5.2 weeks.
My order number is 2229 places March 30th.

I also did that calculation, however they have been on order #2000 for quite a while. I just wonder how often they update that number.

It is probably pretty close. A week ago they didn't have any number. But i will be watching it.

I hope that Cody is too busy making our knives LOL to update the number. That being said, summer is almost here in the Colorado mountains and it would be great to have my new Mountaineer at my side.

I hope that Cody is too busy making our knives LOL to update the number. That being said, summer is almost here in the Colorado mountains and it would be great to have my new Mountaineer at my side.

He probably only updates it every couple of weeks would be my guess. But based on this information, they make about 39 knives a week.

Looking at building a custom. How long will you be taking orders? Also, how high is the blade from the belly to the spine at the thickest point? Never owned an Adventure Sworn but photos make them look thinner than other blades of their type and I'm curious if it's my eyes or if its true. Thanks

Good question; a Mountaineer at it's thickest point is a hair over 1 inch (1-1/16 roughly). It gets thinner as it nears the tip, it's a great model for fine work.

He probably only updates it every couple of weeks would be my guess. But based on this information, they make about 39 knives a week.

In the past I have only updated the custom order book status once every few weeks. I'm making it habit to update it at least once a week now. http://adventuresworn.com/pages/custom-order-status

Your production guess was lose, but one thing to take into consideration is that not all orders are knives. Some of them are bucksaws, patches, mugs, shirts, etc., so we actually produce a bit less knives than that. We're currently averaging 25 to 30 per week. A few months ago we were only at about 12 per week, so we're improving. We have two full-time knifemakers and two part-time knifemakers. We love the idea of improving our process so that our customers don't need to wait. In a few months we may very well have a 1-2 week wait, perhaps less.

Good question; a Mountaineer at it's thickest point is a hair over 1 inch (1-1/16 roughly). It gets thinner as it nears the tip, it's a great model for fine work.

In the past I have only updated the custom order book status once every few weeks. I'm making it habit to update it at least once a week now. http://adventuresworn.com/pages/custom-order-status

Your production guess was lose, but one thing to take into consideration is that not all orders are knives. Some of them are bucksaws, patches, mugs, shirts, etc., so we actually produce a bit less knives than that. We're currently averaging 25 to 30 per week. A few months ago we were only at about 12 per week, so we're improving. We have two full-time knifemakers and two part-time knifemakers. We love the idea of improving our process so that our customers don't need to wait. In a few months we may very well have a 1-2 week wait, perhaps less.

Hey Cody would you mind posting the height of the custom as well? Also what about the thickness of the handles on the custom and the mountaineer ? Thanks.

Back