Mountaineer II -> production date

Hello,

Is it possible to find out the production date of this Mountaineer II I received today?

Made in USA, number 75

L0Hx0J0.jpg

Thanks!

The best thing to do is call CRK. They should know the history of the numbered knives and give you a close production time.

The Mountaineer II came out in 1990. The early ones were numbered. I am unsure what number they stopped at for each model. I have other numbered ones that were made during this time as well. If you want to know any CRK info, Che k out my CRK history timeline in the sticky.

Thank you all for your feedback!
I will contact Chris Reeve and his colleagues and hope they know the production date

Yes this is an awesome knife and I'm really happy to own one of These one Piece models.

The best thing to do is call CRK. They should know the history of the numbered knives and give you a close production time.

Not really. Of course, they may narrow it to a range of 2, 3 years. But dont expect too much. They did not take records of their production numbers and also not of the numbered pieces. That is the reason why they stopped numbering them. It just doesnt tell you anything if you dont keep track of them. Without having the birthcard at hand you wont get anything better than their best guess, I am afraid.

Back