MOVING august first.

Stock photos!

Here's a few of irrigation time in the fields and the small orchard:

DSC02712.jpg

DSC02714.jpg

DSC02979.jpg

The orchard is very small right now, but has room to expand- currently 4 apples and a plum. We want to expand that area to about 12 apples and 4 or 5 other trees.

We'll be doing cherries, but around the borders. the rear of the property ends with the irrigation run, so near there a row of cherries would be nice. with possibly a row on either the east or west of the pasture (whichever neighbors says "ooh, cherries!" loudest and dotn' mind a planting right as clost to the line as possible)

house, outbuilding-

DSC04785.jpg

DSC04933.jpg

and a few more. These are late winter, bordering on early spring- the trees hadn't burst out yet, so I'll say late winter:

2010-03-19-0001.jpeg

2010-03-19-0004.jpeg

this one looks east over neighbor's pasture out past out little isolation corral:

2010-03-19-0005.jpeg

the shade barn

2010-03-19-0008.jpeg

My oldest and "his" shetland

2010-03-19-0015.jpeg

From the look on Leif's face, not much about this move matters as much as that Shetland. :D

Glad to hear you guys are doing good.

Going to be fun. And the shetland is saddle and harness trained. Leif already wants a little cart

What a beautiful piece of land. Reminds of my folks place...right after Katrina they bought an old fruit orchard (plums/apples and little cirtrus in the Ozarks/NE Arkansas. Not planning on doing anything with the trees...to quote my father "gonna sit out there with your mom and watch the deer and varmints eat the fruit", lol. I love his laissez-faire style. Of course he can shoot coyotes and what not off his porch. I love going there.

Its funny you posted the pony as I was looking at the first few pictures I said you need to get yourself a couple horses...then there is the Pony. Get him a small buggy/cart and he will be flying all over the place. Time to upgrade to a colt soon, hehe.

Where you putting your forge operation? In the small adjoing bldg? Looks like you should get some good breezes through there, with all th eopen space...better than Davis, anyhow. You irrigating from a local stream or have a well on the property? Seems like a ton of water.

Congratulations on the find. Well done...

Nice. I'd be willing to trade fruit trees for knives...
I need a little big knife to go with this guy-
Picture2037.jpg

Picture2037.jpg

I keep almost getting caught up enough to try and go see you, then back into the scheduling hole I go. A companion knife would rock. and it's only an hour from reno.....

I keep almost getting caught up enough to try and go see you, then back into the scheduling hole I go. A companion knife would rock. and it's only an hour from reno.....
The shame of it is, I am in Davis Monday through Friday...

Picture2037.jpg

This is one of the knives that inspired my most recent order...a nice big, nasty dirk! :thumbup::D

Can't wait!

Careful Christof, when Leif turns 16 and he's 200 pounds of viking muscle, he's going to want a clidesdale...

Good luck with your move. First thing you should do is plant the trees, the rest can wait. I should've done it that way when I moved into my last place.

well, the trees have to wait until early spring. planting in august is hard on them :D

first thing I'm going to do is turn on the grinder!
second thing is go shooting.

another day trip for storage in a few minutes.

After this I'm thinking we are about 90% ready for the final push with a rental truck.

Have to spend a weekend in fallon to get the irrigation process worked out soon, too.

22 days!

Best of luck.

Are any friends trying to trade moving help for blades? It would sure beat the pizza and beer my deadbeat friends have offered in the past.

;)

Back