MOVING august first.

I could just about get away with a good solid backstop and some subsonic .22 rounds. But at the price, and the limitations (subsonics don't really cycle all my .22 rifles reliably, for example), why not just use a .22 airgun that gets 600-800 fps? They do great duty on varmints anyhow.

What I really want, now, is one of those old crosman co2 "shotguns" for backyard clays. woohoo!

I hear you. When I was a kid my brother and I had airguns. Because we lived in a small town we could shoot them all the time.

No recoil and cheap ammo.

When I'd pick up a regular rifle I was always amazed how much my shooting had improved due to the continual air rifle practice.:thumbup:

Nice land Christof.

Hey, I dont know if you have a Big Lots near ya, but I saw a ton of cases of canning jars on clearance at mine for 4.00 a case.

Big lots is alll the way in Reno- but we ahve to go there eavery other week for appointments right now, so I'll check this week :D

well, there's the irrigation canal system. our "local" one in the back is empty much of the time, but one of the main district canals is across the road from us and is always full. Local meaning our irrigation line, of course. The one across the street is closer by the length of the pasture than the one we get water from!

In terms fo natural lakes and streams, nothing within easy walking distance, but there's a lot in the region. Duck hunting and fishing are fairly big local activities.

And all these years I thought that Fallon was a dry desert area! I'll have to take a drive up there one of these weekends.

It's high desert where it's not irrigated, except the wetlands and the rivers and lakes. :)

But there's a lot of irrigation, and a lot of farming and cattle ranching out here!

And a bit of orcharding, of course.

Back