Moving to Alaska

I was stationed at Fort Richardson in the early 90's...speaking of Alaska and pizza, Muldoon Pizza in Anchorage! I don't know how it is now, but I'm living proof that you can live on it long-term. Back in the day, you could order extra grease as a topping.

Let your buddy talk you into it. I built my wife a .223 Ackley a few years back (she wanted a distance rifle but, because she has a port in her chest, recoil is an issue) that may be just about right for Alaskan coyote. Before anybody says anything, I know everybody has an opinion on Ackley cartridges (and Ackley).

We've already stocked up on Vitamin D for the long nights. We're in delivery range of a pizza joint plus other places and we will have the internet. We'll just have to fight bears for our pizza and our internet is solar-powered... I'm not going full Proenekke. I'm too old and lazy (and out of shape) to have those sort of adventurous aspirations.

Looks like the Whittier ferry is booked solid for awhile, so we've altered our plans to drive through Canada. Considering that it's an international border crossing and I've got guns and knives and dogs and a ton of medical supplies, the paperwork is nowhere near as bad as it could be.

NEVER GO FULL PROENNEKE!

If you’ve got a glass back, it might be worth checking out local prices for ready split firewood.
I find the lifting of largish birch logs on to the splitter to be more demanding than swinging an axe.

For the price of my splitter, I could have had 36m3 of ready split and seasoned firewood delivered to the yard. That’s without the felling, limbing, carrying to splitter, carrying to drying and then back to the woodsheds. Phew, your situation has got me questioning my own 🤣
You've made a believer out of me. On MRI, my spine looks like a half finished game of Jenga played by a Jack Russell Terrier and an angry Chimpanzee.

It's a delicacy. I don't want to put the tongue of a cloven-hoofed animal into my mouth...it would remind me too much of my high school girlfriend.

iu

Also, my machetes have shipped...should be here Saturday. I'm as giddy as a... as a... name a giddy noun.

I would have stayed in touch with her but I couldn't find enough goat blood to draw the pentagram. Thank you. Thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal. Don't forget to tip your server.

You must be young! You wrote "server" instead of "waitress"!

Also, my machetes have shipped...should be here Saturday. I'm as giddy as a... as a... name a giddy noun.

Mah-CHET-tay = good
LT Wright Mah-CHET-tay = even better

We'll need action pics from the both of youse.

Back