MT18P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring CPM-S110V

This is mildly off topic but if I come but them at the store in Golden can I hand over my paramilitary2 for sharpening and have it done then so I would only have to make one trip?

Not sure if Spyderco does this..

MT18P will be available for sale on Wednesday, 05-Feb-2014 at 1000 (MDT)

All sales will be handled by the Spyderco Factory Outlet store online at http://spyderco.com. You will find it under model # MT18.

Maximum Purchase Allowed: 2

Cost: $89.95 each

Domestic Shipping in the Continental United States: Standard Shipping rates apply.

Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico Shipping: USPS $15.00

International Orders (other than Canada and Mexico) /Shipping:
International orders have a maximum allowed amount of $600 (including shipping fees) for all online orders. All orders over $600 must be placed via phone or e-mail and paid for via wire transfer. Shipment of orders paid for via wire transfer will not occur until monies have been received by the Spyderco Factory Outlet Store. You may contact our store to place a wire transfer order at sfo@spyderco.com or 303/279-8383 x 107.

International shipments will be sent out according to our International Shipping Schedule:
Shopping Cart Total: $0-$99 - Shipping/Handling Charge $25
Shopping Cart Total: $100-$399 - Shipping/Handling Charge $45
Shopping Cart Total: $400 and higher - Shipping/Handling Charge $60

International shipments will be via USPS International Priority Mail. Please be aware, we will have limited tracking capabilities. Tracking once it leaves the US is dependent upon the postal services outside the US and their ability to provide it. However, this will completely eliminate UPS Brokerage Fees.

About CPM-S110V:
CPM S110V blade steel is produced using a CPM - Crucible Particle Metallurgy process developed by Crucible Industries of Solvay, New York, U.S.A.

What differentiates CPM S110V from other blade steels is its volume of vanadium-rich (9.0%) and niobium-rich (3.0%) alloys which classify it as a martensitic stainless tool steel. Crucible’s powdered metal process creates uniform carbide distribution of the steel’s components throughout the blade for superior wear resistance, toughness and corrosion protection. These are positive performance characteristics highly desired in state-of-the-art exotic blade steels.

What is the Mule Team:
For those of you unfamiliar with our Mule Team Project, it is unique to Spyderco. In-house we call knife samples designed and built for testing and evaluation Mules. We know a healthy percentage of knife users are interested in different blade steels and their performance abilities. Running with that, we released an ongoing Mule Team Project. Several times per year we unveil the same single-piece fixed blade patterned knife in a different and exotic blade steel. This lets steel-obsessed knife knuts test, try and use something normally not offered to the industry. Product runs are limited to 600 – 1000 pieces of each steel type depending on foundry requirements.

Mule Blades are leaf-shaped with a sharpened and finished PlainEdge blade but with an unfinished handle providing a do-it-yourself opportunity. The unfinished handle has a series of holes for attaching custom handle scales or for wrapping with para-cord. Each piece is sold without handle scales or a carry sheath focusing the project on the blade steel. This opens endless creative possibilities for the owner to design their own handle scale and carry options.

I'll take 4 :D

I'm really anxious to get this blade. Having two top-notch steels released back to back will make for some very interesting comparisons.

I love the fact that these will be available at such a reasonable price point. I can't imagine a maker charging anything close to $90 for a great design in a steel such as this.

Thanks Sal and all the folks at Spyderco.

Halpern Titanium makes some good handles for them. A forum / google search should get you some good results there.

Otherwise I would suggest having one of the Custom makers here on BF do a set for you.

I just got to check out Halperns handles. I want the new Rosewood grip. The carbon fiber one too! Actually i might just order one for each day of the week. I cant decide. The New dark camo one is sick.

Got my two as well. First time I have ordered from Spyderco. Anyone know how quickly they usually ship?

Two here. Does anyone know where I can find Anso-patterned scales in g10, CF, or Canvas Micarta?

Back