MT18P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring CPM-S110V

I saw a post about it in the Maintenance forum (I never saw this sticky before today) a few minutes before it was released, so I impulse bought one :). This'll be my first Mule. I guess I'll have to get into sheath and handle making now :).

Is there a good website I can find some handles for this beast. Just getting an M390 mule and hopefully they release more S110V tomorrow or the next days so I can grab at least one. Thanks guys

Halpern titanium has pre-fab ones.

Wow--someone in Colorado has already put an MT18 on eBay for $250--ouch! Mine's been shipped, so that's good!

Halpern titanium has pre-fab ones.

Wow--someone in Colorado has already put an MT18 on eBay for $250--ouch! Mine's been shipped, so that's good!

Really $250!!!? Ouch!

I ordered mine online at 10:15am and still haven't got an email about shipping.

Really $250!!!? Ouch!

I ordered mine online at 10:15am and still haven't got an email about shipping.

I ordered mine at 10:00 on Wednesday (pulled over on the side of the road and ordered on my iPhone), and got the notice this afternoon. Yours should ship soon!

Also ordered a Zulu a couple days ago since they're getting scarce.

Molle Ninja. Good to know. Now I just need to wait and see if it will fit inside a 1.5" wide scale material so I can handle it.

Have you ever lost a knife? I have and its nice to have a backup, which is why I buy 2 at a time when I can.

I'm sure that the majority of people buying 2 are planning to flip one or both of them. There are very few knife collectors that would buy 2 of these, one as a backup - most would rather have an S 110V and a K390 as a backup. I don't think I'm off base in believing that most of the people buying 2 will not have both of them a year from now.

I'm sure that the majority of people buying 2 are planning to flip one or both of them. There are very few knife collectors that would buy 2 of these, one as a backup - most would rather have an S 110V and a K390 as a backup. I don't think I'm off base in believing that most of the people buying 2 will not have both of them a year from now.
I agree 100%. these guys are reselling them for sure. It should be a one knife limit. Im going to find out if and when there is going to be a second release. I will let you guys know.

I agree 100%. these guys are reselling them for sure. It should be a one knife limit. Im going to find out if and when there is going to be a second release. I will let you guys know.
Reselling them for sure? I know that I'm not. If I'm particularly interested in the steel I'll buy two mules, one to work on now and one to save for later. The past couple of mules have been true exotics and these knives are probably the only chance I'm ever going to have to buy a rare steel at a reasonable price. To replace one of these mules I'd have to spring for a custom, wait a year for it to be made, and still spend far more than I'd ever get from selling a mule.
Obviously some people are trying to make a profit off the mule team project, but to say that "most" or "all" the folks buying two knives are flippers is kind of harsh. For that matter, limiting the purchase to one knife wouldn't stop somebody from selling it, so the only way to stop folks from selling their mules is for Spyderco to stop selling mules.

S110v? Shoot. I had to order two. It's not every release we get steels like this... Well the last two has been epic and I ordered two for k390 also. Others I simply pass or just get one. I'd like to try K294...I know 4v is next, I'll get only one of those but excited for it also.

Certainty is such a wonderful state of mind. :rolleyes:

I do not know anything about the majority, but I bought two pieces every time I could: I make knife handles as a hobby and want to try various materials and patterns: they will not be two of the same when I am done with them.

Thanks to all the people at Spyderco and the Taiwan factory for a nice knife. :thumbup:

First spyderco, fixed blade, first high end steel knife (most high end I owned was aus-8). I just got the order confirmation an hour ago, if I had more spare money I would have picked up 2. 2nd one to either flip at a latter date, give away to a family member who put it to work, or keep as a backup as it's not everyday you can pick up something like this for such a price.

I picked up one for my brother in law. He will give me $90. So don't be so sure that everyone who got two is going to resell.

Back