Muela knives?

I've been looking at muela knives lately and was wondering how well they hold up for camp chorse and such. I tried doing a search but came up with nothing that was too helpful.

Thanks in advance

I have quite a few Muela knives. I would stay away from their low end knives which are not very good. Their higher end models are quite good and very nicely finished. Their lockback folders are quite good, too and get SCARY sharp.

The only thing I don't like about them is that all their knives (with the exception of their "remate" knives, the ones to hunt boars) are hollow ground. I don't mind hollow grinds in small blades and folders, but a big camp knife is better and stronger with a flat grind or a convex grind (at least IMHO).

I also have a number of Muelas, workers, tacticals, and bowies. The fit and finesh are good, and they hold up pretty well, while looking good at the same time. Some of my favorite EDC's are small, chunky, Muela fixed blades like the Mouse. :thumbup:

I was thinking of either getting one of the Jabali's series 2 or one of the Gran Duque Series or Podenquero. Anyone own one of these? If ya do can you tell me which model and what you use it for. Thank you

I had one of their Spanish Military issue fixed blades for many years, beat the crap out of it and it's was still going strong. Easy to sharpen and held an edge well. Muelas are OK!

I have a couple Muelas, they aren't bad. The quality is good, but they just don't wow me.

Muela's are ok,nothing to write home about though,I have a couple of there S.Steel hunters,kind with brass hardware and black handles,cut ok,seems to have fairly good edge retention but on one of them the brass guard started to separate.They look good in the pictures but I would spend my $$ elsewhere. :yawn:

I`ve bought one of the smallest Muela`s knives - 7122,only for testing the quality.A superb small knife,that I use every day! So now I`m waiting for the next - Muela Storm 15 N,to bring it with me outdoor when going fishing.I`ve can use also training with them,so it`s a tactical knive with exelent blade!

Back