1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Multi-Etch Problem

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Sharperthansticks, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Sharperthansticks

Sharperthansticks Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 19, 2017
    I've been using Multi-Etch for a while with my anodizing. I have a tiny batch in a tupperware container (where the batch is just deep enough to comfortably cover a knife scale) that I nuke in my microwave for about a minute, followed by dipping my part. (I re-use the batch for a while.) Despite what everyone says, I find that hot multi-etch, just like Whink, can very easily mar a finish -- especially if it's a shiny or semi-shiny finish. I try to dip my part in Multi-Etch briefly, but no matter what I do, the Multi-Etch keeps ruining the semi-shiny finish.

Not ruining the finish is supposed to be Multi-Etch's claim to fame. Anyone else have this issue? My Multi-Etch, by the way, is fairly hot -- around 170F - 185F.