Multi purpose sheath

high desert

Gold Member
Hey Dwayne, Can you make me a sheath that I can use for my "Pork Shank", "WarDog", and "ScrapMax 460" ? I think these are close enough in size to make a one size fits all. You can call it the "PorkDogScrap". You can thank me later. Kevin.

Last edited:
That is whats so nice about the Res C handles. :) The molds make them virtually identical in their respective sizes.

I did make a pattern when I had a War Dog, but I have never handled either the Scrapmax or the Pork Shank. Which one has the biggest blade profile?

In short, yes! It can be done, the smallest blade will wiggle a bit, but they do appear to be close enough not to be silly loose.

With that handle I can work off of really good close tracings of the blade outline. :D

I am still waiting on a couple of knives. I'll trace them and mail it to you.

That is whats so nice about the Res C handles. :) The molds make them virtually identical in their respective sizes.

I did make a pattern when I had a War Dog, but I have never handled either the Scrapmax or the Pork Shank. Which one has the biggest blade profile?

In short, yes! It can be done, the smallest blade will wiggle a bit, but they do appear to be close enough not to be silly loose.

With that handle I can work off of really good close tracings of the blade outline. :D

Well, the Scrapmax 460 blade is 4.6" long (from the handle), 0.09" thick and 1.06" wide. For the thinner (and narrower) blades, one could insert a plastic guard of necessary thickness to tighten the fit and also protect the leather...

Thanks for the info! :) My main worry is the big difference in the blade thickness. But with a good tight keeper strap it shouldn't be too wobbly. :D

Back