Multitool EDC? Anyone?

I always have some kind of SAK or MT on me. I mean, how embarrassing would it be if Nutnfancy did a gear check on me and I was unprepared? No thank you, Nancy.

I rotate through a Victorinox Classic > Manager > Compact > Explorer Plus > Gerber Dime > Leatherman PS4. I used to carry a full size MT like a Rebar or Swisstool Spirit, but I found that I never used the pliers. So honking around an extra 8 ounces on my belt wasn't worth it. My favorites are the Manager and Explorer Plus.

IMG_1608.jpg

Vic Classic.

I usually have my Vic Super Tinker on me. At work, I'll carry my LM Charge (on belt sheath) as well.

Of the three Leathermans I own, the only one I would EDC is the Style PS, as a keychain tool. My Skeletool CX, while acceptable with jeans, carries heavy with shorts. My Charge TTi is strictly bag carry only.

Carry an old Leatherman Side Clip at work as a backup knife everyday.

I have given up on Leatherman keychain-sized tools. I've gone through 5 (count 'em...5) Style PS's and two Squirt PS4's. The weak link is always the scissors, possibly the worst-designed scissors in EDCdom. They are held open with a thin, straight metal spring (think lockback spring, i.e. tension rod) that fails every single time. So, now I've got a customized SAK on order with pliers and good SAK scissors. I just can't take the Leatherman stuff anymore. All I really need in my EDC multi-tool is a good pliers and scissors, so I had to go the custom route. Can't wait to get it and post a review.

Yup I EDC a PS4 in my pocket sheath next to my knife and flashlight and a Shard on my keychain I find I don't even notice them till I need them yet I can accomplish a lot with just those two.

Charge TTi

cannot go wrong with that one and it fit nicely in the small pocket that every jean have

My EDC is a Leatherman Charge Ti, although a bit weighty it's not a problem.After Edcing for over 20 years I progressed to the charge over 5 years ago and havn't looked back.

Yes, I could have made the same post!
I'm allowed to carry knives at work as a selfemployed carpenter in the kitchen buisness.
The Leatherman Charge Ti is always on my belt in an old cut down Kershaw leatherpouch.
The Charge is the best LM I have tried and I will not change it!

Mikael

When I traveled abroad to places that are not friendly toward stand-alone locking folders, I carried Swisstool Spirit S and Midnite Manager. Now that I'm back stateside, I find that I'm doing ok without any one-hand opening folder. The Spirit and the Manager stay.

Victorinox Swisstool Spirit and Benchmade 710D2 is my EDC for a long time now. If I'm hanging out at home I generally have my Victorinox Swisstool on hand.

I love my Leatherman wave as an EDC tool, but only for weekend carry. At the high school i go to in Redneckville, TN everyone carries a knife. I would love to SDC (school day carry) my wave, but i dont want to get in trouble for SDCing the wave. Next year when i take the building trades class, I will see about carrying The leatherman wave. for now i just SDC a Vic calssic.

Yes. It goes in my Maxpedition Sitka Gearsliger everyday along with all my other stuff.

Unklfranco

I've been carrying a leatherman tool since '91. Maybe not everyday, but most. I've been through a few. I have a wave now.

I just leave a charge tti with bit kit in my car. So far the sidekick only makes it to my edc if I'm carrying a backpack with me.

Leatherman kick in a horizontal nylon sheath on my belt at work or a slimmer original side-clip off work.

I carry a folder, Leatherman wingman and a ES4 everyday at work, any other time I just carry whatever folder fits my fancy at the moment and the es4, which can take care of 98% of my day to day task and atleast "engineer" the other 2%

I personally use the Leatherman Wave. Just got it about two weeks ago, has met and exceeded standards

I change it up every day but at the min I am carrying a Leatherman Juice CS4. Depending on the day and what I am doing I carry a wingman, skeletool, wave. Always always has a Alox Vic Soldier and a Squirt PS4 on my though

Almost every day since I was 12 years old! My first was an Imperial Schrade Boy Scout pattern four blader carried 15 years, followed by a few SAKs. In 1996, I got acquainted with Leatherman tools. For the next 9 years, a Super Tool was my daily companion, paired with a Micra for the scissors and other small implements. Over time I acquired several more Vics and LTs, love them all. They are chosen for daily carry on the basis of what, where, and when (or "just because"), most often paired large and small. Lately, I have been alternating between Rebar + Micra for out and about, Charge TTi or Super Tool 300 for semi-serious work (real work prefers dedicated tools), and no matter what else, a Rambler attached to a micro light as a fob.

Sometimes when I feel like going minimal, a Tinker replaces the Rebar. Things go well until the inevitable occasion when I could have really used pliers and beat up on myself for having been so lax. This is repeated often because I like SAKs so much. If I could have only one multi-tool, my practical nature would choose the Charge, but then I would truly miss the others.

Back