Music Downloads

I have been given a used Blackberry Storm (I hate cell phones) and much to my surprise I can download and listen to music on it. Now I need some advice on sites where I can download some music. I like classical, jazz (especially Brazilian jazz), bebop, blues and classic 60's rock. Anyone know where I can find this stuff on the net. First priority is safety, next is cost. Free is good but I would rather pay for the downloads. Thanks

Itunes has tons songs for usually 99cents a song, there's also beemp3.com that's free, and you don't have to download any software to use it, it basically just does a modified google search for you and gets songs that are out there on the internet, probably won't be as large of a selection though, but worth a try.

I do not believe you can get itunes on your phone. It comes with an app for downloading music so you will have to search what they have available on there.

Internet radio is the way to go on a Blackberry where you always have a connection. Pandora is pretty good. I prefer Slacker radio myself, same basic idea as Pandora but better organized and a bigger library. Also the Slacker app on Blackberry will let you cache music so you will be able to listen even when there is no connection.

You may start by converting your CD's to MP3.

Since I got my MP3 player I've been ripping my CD's and haven't had a need to download. I bought a home sound system that can play MP3 from a usb flash memory and now I don't use the CD's much.

I use ripperx in Ubuntu Linux, surely there must be some freeware that will do it in any other OS.

Luis

Since I got my MP3 player I've been ripping my CD's and haven't had a need to download. I bought a home sound system that can play MP3 from a usb flash memory and now I don't use the CD's much.

I use ripperx in Ubuntu Linux, surely there must be some freeware that will do it in any other OS.

Luis
Thanks, it seems like that I'm going to have to do that, especially for some of my jazz selections.

Luis

+1 That's the best way to do it IMO and it doesn't cost anything.

BTW, if your CD player will play MP3s you can put them on a disc. You can easily get well over 100 mp3s on one CD.

My choice for converting is this free program which is very easy to use IMO.

anyone who uses either frostwire or limewire is a moron, sorry for being so blunt but that is the single most easiest way the man will get you.

Safest way to go is using search engines like Skreemr, or use torrents with peer guardian.

If you like those genres, look into the soundtracks to Cowboy Bebop.

I've always used EAC with lame and flac plug ins to archive my cds. Then again, these hardcore audio geeks I used to know turned me on to it so it might very much be overkill.

Truth is, imo, any encoder that allows for variable bit rate encoding, providing the blackberry will recognize it, will get the job done nicely.

anyone who uses either frostwire or limewire is a moron, sorry for being so blunt but that is the single most easiest way the man will get you.

Safest way to go is using search engines like Skreemr, or use torrents with peer guardian.

+1 on Skreemr I love that engine, and Beemp3 is great too. Just type in the name of the song into google and put Beemp3 after it and the first or second one should be a download link.

And for putting music on your phone you can either sync it to your computer or take out the MicoSD card and use an adapter to put files on to it. If you have any problems just put a message on my profile, I use my phone everyday as a MP3 player and I have it down to a science.

If you like those genres, look into the soundtracks to Cowboy Bebop.

+1 on that. The soundtracks (if you can locate them) are excellent.

Also e-mail incoming with some links. The complete OST for cowboy bebop can be found if you search on the "project" one.

Back