Must have spydercos

So i took the drive and held various models . found out the manix2 feels absolutely steller in my hand . The problem is when i tried to unlock and close it one handed . It kept slipping across the palm of my hand . Kinda upsetting actually . However the para3 felt amazing and everyrhing works. The pm2 also felt great . So theyre both going to be added to my growing collection . Problem now is what steels.
The polestar also was nice but liking the tenacious everyday for 7 years it just felt extremely familair
Again i appriecate every suggestion

With a little practice I found it easy to one hand close the Manix and Manix XL, by gripping the clip with my fingers.
As pointed out by ferider the Manix is still available in Cru-wear. It's too expensive. Get it anyway. It's that good.

S30V is great in the Para2, so is S110V but harder to sharpen. Either will serve you well.
But.
IMO a Para2 in M4 or Cruwear et al is worth looking/waiting/paying for. As a general use EDC folder the Para 2 works well, add the way M4 cuts or cru-wear touches up or (add your favorite bias here) and it really excels.

PQU0lCT.jpg

7rFA7Wq.jpg

That's a tough question!

I can only go by my favorite Spydies:

Yojimbo 2 - an amazing knife. I own five of them, so let's assume I think it's special.

Endura - I've owned the same fully-serrated Endura since the mid 90's and it's still in regular use with no issues bar a blade that looks like it's been worked hard, which it has. Just super versatile and easy to carry despite the blade length.

Manix 2 - IMO everything feels just right on this knife, more so than any other Spyderco I've owned or handled. The fit and finish are superb at the price, the lock is one of the best, and the blade shape just plain works!

Last but definitely not least, the big old Ed Schempp Tuff. My third one is on the way, and it probably won't be the last. Roll on the sprint run I keep hoping for :thumbsup:

PM2, Police 3 G10, Police 4 G10, Lil Native, Manix 2 and Manix 2XL.
All are fantastic in their own way.

something vintage.I started collecting spydercos because in my brothers car he bought he found a vintage spyderco merlin clipit in aus 8, 1997
and he put it it in the basement thinking it was a cheap noname knife and i found it in the basement and when i opened it it opened nice and i was like this is defenitly a beast knife. Anybody got and cool vintage spydercos?
Para 3
Shaman
Native 5
Endura 4
Delica 4
Assist H1 steel

I might not be the best person to give an opinion as I like Spyderco but usually carry other brands. However, I have a few, including the Para 2, Military, Manix 2, etc. If I was to walk out the door with only one for typical everyday tasks, my HAP40 Stretch 2 Lightweight would be at the top of the list.

My first pm2 arrived this morning. S110v with dark purple scales. Much darker then online photos but i love it . More than my chris reeves sebenza 25 i think . Although i keep sliding my thumb under as im so used to liner locks. I ordered a polestar as well .Its still in the mail . im considering a dragonfly2 in v toku2 steel next . Not sure if its going to be to small or not and im not really a fan of back locks but ive always loved the look of the df2.
Thanks for all the replys and suggestions . Nearest decent knife shop from me is likely a 2.5 hour drive each way so i cant really handle them before i order which sucks

Finally got one of the main must haves yesterday a Para 2 (in s110v purple) and man I waited too long to get one ...... the one I got has a chip in the g10 but a replacement is on the way so no biggie whatsoever

I really love the Tim Wegner but it’s discontinued. I love the Stretch for many of the same reasons and consider it a must have.

Last edited:
First time posting here & apologise if wrong thread but I'd like to know if anyone can direct me to finding a Chinook 2 (no serrations). There's one on Ebay but horrible condition. Thank you

Back