My 1st vintage purchase

upload_2020-10-1_15-53-6.jpeg
Curious about the number on the blade? (075) is this a remake of a Pro Grip? Or do i have something special here. More special then it already is?

Curious about the number on the blade? (075) is this a remake of a Pro Grip? Or do i have something special here. More special then it already is?

Should be a "Collector Club" number.

It's limited to 200 of each release BUT just because the knife was a low number doesn't mean anything because (unless they've changed things recently) you can select any number that's available at the time you join the club.

When I 1st inquired about joining the club, about 1/2 (100) of the numbers were available and I could have selected a # in the single digits. So, all it means is that the knife is among the 1st 200 (but not necessarily 200) of the knives produced but I'm not sure if they are actually, in fact, the 1st knives of a particular model to be produced; just the 1st 200 (max) of the #'d Collector Club knives.

The reason I decided NOT to join the club was because you are obligated to buy EVERY knife produced/released in the membership category that you sign up for and, as RamZar can tell you, that's A LOT of knives AND you have to buy them from a licensed Spyderco dealer at full MSRP (less whatever the standard discount is) which is more than I'd have to pay as a OpFocus member and there's no way that I'd want to buy EVERY knife issued, let alone 10/yr that OpFocus members are now limited to, which is why you see so many people who are Collector Club members trying to flip the knives they don't want, here and elsewhere, after they are released.

So this is not an old vintage knife but a reproduction of one?
Doesn’t the blade shape resemble a Stretch?

Last edited:
Hi David,

Nice finds. The C33 was part of the Stretch lineage. The first one was the "Hunter" in 1983. I guess we went through 10+ models to get to where the Stretch is now.

sal

Wow that’s good to know. The Delica is the knife I carried the last 8-10 years of my 28 year career when my company said no knives. At that point the buck 110 got retired and went in the drawer and my new Delica began serving me well a constant companion in all my cutting chores.
I retired in 2017 so the Delica is only maybe 10 years old. Just used it as a prop for size comparison. Such a professional i am lol

So this is not an old vintage knife but a reproduction of one?
Doesn’t the blade shape resemble a Stretch?

It is vintage. The G2 steel was standard from about 1991 to 1999. The integrated pocket clip is early 90s.
I have many G2 models. I think it is a Great a$$ steel. Sals words. :D

Cool thanks. Can’t believe it is new in box after all these years. Until you try to open it. Really stiff. And gritty when knife is opened at 45 degrees for a few mm’s. It does not look dirty at all. This is brand new but sitting closed all those years gotta do something.
What to so? Oil? Hot soapy water hair dryer and oil?

Just oil and a lot of opening. Knives weren't glassy smooth back then. LOL

Oh good thanks. I don’t plan on cutting anything with this knife. I bought it because i wanted an example of the early years of this great company. Plus i have so many cutters/users in my inventory that it would be silly to use it.
Oh and no spyde flick with this one but I can’t do it with my Delica either.

I’ve been around Spyderco since the beginning with the stainless Worker, Standard, and the Pro Grip/Pro Hunter. Great old models. I did like them better when they went to screw on clips I’ll admit. It’s hard to believe how far they’ve come since then. I still carry one on occasion. Guy I knew sold them out of his car at various shooting matches. Nobody had seen such creations. Lol.

I even have a few NIB ones stashed away that I picked up as they were discontinued. :)

Should be a "Collector Club" number.

It's limited to 200 of each release BUT just because the knife was a low number doesn't mean anything because (unless they've changed things recently) you can select any number that's available at the time you join the club.

When I 1st inquired about joining the club, about 1/2 (100) of the numbers were available and I could have selected a # in the single digits. So, all it means is that the knife is among the 1st 200 (but not necessarily 200) of the knives produced but I'm not sure if they are actually, in fact, the 1st knives of a particular model to be produced; just the 1st 200 (max) of the #'d Collector Club knives.

The reason I decided NOT to join the club was because you are obligated to buy EVERY knife produced/released in the membership category that you sign up for and, as RamZar can tell you, that's A LOT of knives AND you have to buy them from a licensed Spyderco dealer at full MSRP (less whatever the standard discount is) which is more than I'd have to pay as a OpFocus member and there's no way that I'd want to buy EVERY knife issued, let alone 10/yr that OpFocus members are now limited to, which is why you see so many people who are Collector Club members trying to flip the knives they don't want, here and elsewhere, after they are released.
Thanks I have been wondering about that for a while.

I know this is my old thread like i am but coincides with my question.
Memory fails me at times but I can’t seem to remember where you go to access the old SPYDERCO catalogs. I remember using them to date a couple old original Endura’s but for the life of me don’t recall where they are? Any help is appreciated.

I picked up 2 Enduras on bay. One with the plastic clip and one that was repaired by factory after the clip was broken and have been carrying it today. Both have fully serrated blades.
image.jpg
You can tell in person that it was ground flat and clip added. I love it and got it at a fair price for a vintage lol
IMG_2452.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back