My all time favorite folder

Probably this L48 Interframe. It’s what ends up in my pocket most of the time.

ixzdiw.jpg

zmb347.jpg

It's hard to answer this, I rotate heavily and have dozens of folders that I love.

This Olamic Swish would be near the top of the list:

Dhrl3US.jpg

As would this quirky little CKF Asymmetric Midi:

C7ONGRt.jpg

But I also love and carry this one a bunch:

J3deYQj.jpg

While I have piles of Southards, this one is special:

5ZZR0QC.jpg

. . . and the list would go on, there are dozens of folders in my collection that I use and love.

I'm just a cheap and easy knifeslut when you get down to it.

Hi Randy, that's saying a lot, you have some beautiful knives. Blurs are terrific - I have one that sees occasional hard use.

I'd have a hard time settling on one, so here is an older pic of five that I don't see myself parting from. Don't make me say "sm...a..ll......se.....b.....en......za".

L-R: GEC 15 modified beer scout from Bob "BigBiscuit", GEC 61, Star-Tac, Small Sebenza, GEC 78

Randy, feels weird to see you in another area of the town here!

I love my traditionals, but I have a couple Moderns I enjoy. Of course, the sebenzas. And a mnandi. I also have a xm18 that's a beast. But my all time non traditional favorite right now is this beauty. I almist always have it (a sebenza before it arrived) and a traditional on me.

Thanks JB I do love a well made slipjoint but folders are cool too.
I feel a bit like the kid that would sneak out the window to go somewhere they were not supposed to go Joey.

I also like these two but for me that Elmax Blur is just my cup of tea.

YWNDsGT.jpg

aIkvcEK.jpg

View media item 6106
This is by far my favorite combo .. this is what i carry most days. The thin handle and flat ground blade are 2 things i love . And while it isnt a small knife, it carries very well. Ive had alot that i really like, the kershaw cqc6, griptillian,buck vantage avid among others .i have a blur that i carry some. From the ones ive carried the knockout wins hands down followed by a griptillian. View media item 6106

All time fav: Old School Strider SMFs (There is 1 SnG in the pic, pretend it's a SMF too.) Regardless of what you think of the maker Strider has put out some AWESOME knives, production and custom. They've also done it in a multitude of steels/finishes for the people who like such things. Not a huge fan of the new AL handled or 'hybrid' stuff but the non AL production knives are still pretty sic and the F/F has steadily been increasing for the last ~10 years.

Favorite_Strider.jpg

I can't really pick an All Time Favorite. I have a few knives and I like them all. The one I have been using most since I got it is the Wasp, so until something takes its place, I guess that's it. For now...
IMG-5801.jpg

It's hard to say. I go through phases. Granted, I only have 11 modern folders, so it's not a lot to choose from. They are all users, no plan on selling any of them.

I really like the Yoji 2 lately. I just wish it wasn't S30V.

As far as favorite all around? My customized Manix 2. It started life as a sprint run, foliage green G-10, CTS-XHP. Has desert ironwood scaled now. I'll take some fresh pics today.

Most fun to fiddle with? ZT 0095S90VBLK.

I like flippers. Easier on my arthritic joints. I have 6 currently, the Kizer Ki 4423 my favorite.

I have two never to be sold folders that are classics:

First production run Benchmade 710 M2HS coated. One of the most beautiful and functional knives I've ever used. A true classic design.

Second... Spyderco Sprint Run Manix 2 S90V steel, Carbon Fiber, circa 2009 approx. An incredible knife with great ergos and a blade that is simply beautiful and fully functional.

If I had to pick one it would no doubt be my umnumzaan. Nice user design with just a lil bit of flare with the simple milling pattern. I usually have it on me with some kind of slipjoint.
IMG_5755.JPG IMG_5778.JPG

Back