1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

My American GAW- WE HAVE A WINNER!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by joeradza, Jul 25, 2016.

1. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I would like to thank everyone associated with Bladeforums by hosting this GAW.

What is more American than baseball and a pocket knife. So, for those of you who have jumped on the TC Barlow bandwagon, I have a baseball cap from the Minnesota Twins whose logo is almost identical. And, if like me, some of you find it hard to use your GEC knives because they're just too pretty, I've also got a Rough Rider (RR719) Yellow Barlow.

The only rules are there are no rules. Just post like normal and I'll use a random generator around August 1st. I have the knife in hand and the cap is due to arrive in a few days. Oh, and just because it's a Twins cap doesn't mean I will ever forsake the NY Yankees!

[​IMG]

Alan

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    I'm in and into TC!

[​IMG]

3. SA Condor

SA Condor

Mar 10, 2014
    Please count me in! I like barlows and the Boston Red Sox, so B for Barlow and B for Boston ;)

[​IMG]

I'd dig the TC hat too . . . It'll match my new 14 TC Barlow!

4. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    I'm in, and rooting for the Twins even though they are in the cellar, 9 1/2 games out of fifth.

5. onojoe

onojoe Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2013
    I'm in thanks

6. deltaboy

deltaboy

Jul 6, 2014
    My Pre WW 2, Imperial Hammer Brand 2 blade Jack.

[​IMG]

7. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    I'm in. Thank you for the chance.

Henry Beige, it could be worse. At least you're not a life long Cubs fan ... 115 years and counting since their last World Series win ... or is it 115 years since their last World Series appearance? :(

8. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Thanks, I'm in.

9. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for the creative and generous GAW, Alan! :thumbup::thumbup:
    I'm not exactly on the TC Barlow bandwagon, since I don't have any, but I admire them vicariously! :D
    A Rough Rider Barlow is much more my style.
    The dermatologist says I must wear a ball cap whenever I go outside, whatever the season, so I'm always on the lookout for cool caps to add to my rotation (or more accurately, to replace the grubbiest caps in my rotation - I need to find a good way to launder them).
    So please count me in.
    Thanks again, and good luck to all the entrants, including me! :D

- GT

10. nagod

nagod

Jun 29, 2005
    im in.thanks

11. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Nice! And a fellow Yankee fan... despite living in LA now. I grew up in Queens (25 years) and went to Yankee Stadium all the time. As for knife content and the GAW--count me in. Here is a gratuitous knife pic... it's coffee time in LA:
    [​IMG]

12. coffeemike

coffeemike

Jul 20, 2015
    I'm in. Go Astros. (Great idea!)

13. Faiaoga

Faiaoga

Jul 3, 2012
    I'm in. Very generous of you.:)

14. major_works

major_works

Aug 30, 2014
    I'm in! Thank you for the generous giveaway. I'd love to try a RR Barlow.

15. backwater-otter

backwater-otter

Jul 9, 2016
    I'm in. Thanks dude!

16. knifenut880

knifenut880

Aug 13, 2009
    Count me in, thanks for the chance.

17. combatjiujitsu

combatjiujitsu Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 26, 2009
    I dig it. Cool GAW! Thanks I'm in

18. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf

Dec 3, 2015
    Thanks for the GAW, joeradza! We recently found out that my brother and sister-in-law are going to have TWINS! So, the hat would definitely get a bit of a laugh!

I'm just starting to get into the Barlow scene. I've got a Robeson that I adore, and I just picked up three more older Imperial barlows. I may actually try to rehandle one of them. :eek: That RR looks like a peach!

Here's a picture of my latest acquisition, a gorgeous #14 in Gabon Ebony that I picked up on the Exchange. I love the different colors on the handle.

[​IMG]

Thanks, again. Good luck to everyone that enters!

19. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I'm in as well. If I win, I'll give the knife to a well deserving youngster.

20. jrawk

jrawk

Jul 14, 2014
    im in. vote Loki.
    [​IMG]