My answer to the E2DL, Fenix steps it up!

Hey guys, just thought I'd mention this again because my previous post is in page 2 now.. I'm really interested in this flashlight but I have a few questions regarding the batteries.

Will this light take all types of CR123 batteries? That is..3V, 3.6V, RCR123, CR123A? I'm confused with all the battery types.

Would these batteries work? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3273

3574794611_7c5e7d28d3.jpg

My one arrived today. First impressions are good :D

i went with the JETBeam M1X...holy cow have lights come a long way. i have a couple surefire 100 lumen whatever, i'm not a big light guy. but this M1X is ridiculous! :thumbup: lit up my horse pasture 100 yards out no problem, then most of the woods behind it too :D badass

i went with the JETBeam M1X...holy cow have lights come a long way. i have a couple surefire 100 lumen whatever, i'm not a big light guy. but this M1X is ridiculous! :thumbup: lit up my horse pasture 100 yards out no problem, then most of the woods behind it too :D badass

I have to agree with you... The JETBeam M1X is an awesome light! 450 torch lumens (700 at the emitter) for 100 mins off 3 123A batteries for under $150... Although it does look a lot like the Surefire M3 Turbo, but with the Surefire you get 125 lumens for 60 mins or 225 lumens for only 20 mins with the high-out lamp... and it's more than double to price at $329! Not saying that I wouldn't take the SF M3 if you gave it to me ;)

The Jetbeam M1X has been selling pretty well for me and customers have been really happy with it. If you want big and bright, the M1X is the way to go. The ability to set the brightness of the second mode is also very nice.

I would go for the jetbeam m1x as well if you want to use it for distant sight. I had M30 because of its floodier beam which can not throw very far but I must admit that it is very bright though.

I was looking at these, but instead I got an Olight M30. I love this thing, on medium it's the same as my SureFire G2 w/ Wolf Eyes Cree LED and on high it blows it out of the water.

IMG_6948.jpg

Has plenty of throw for me.

I was up in the Smokies and took some pics of the M1X vs M30 throw at night off our cabin's deck on a mountain. I'll try to get them up in the next few days.

Thanks for the review, Rupestris. The size comparison shot is just what I was looking for before I pulled the trigger.
I'm ALL about the grin factor:D
And I like Surefire lights too.

Edit: I just read all the way through, now I need an M30!

Last edited:
Just for kicks, here is a beamshot of my M30 vs my SureFire G2 with Wolf Eyes Cree drop in (170 lumens).

outdoor.gif

I was up in the Smokies and took some pics of the M1X vs M30 throw at night off our cabin's deck on a mountain. I'll try to get them up in the next few days.

Any update on those pictures?

Just for kicks, here is a beamshot of my M30 vs my SureFire G2 with Wolf Eyes Cree drop in (170 lumens).

outdoor.gif

That G2 is pretty bright but the M30 blows it away. Wow, talk about a small spot light. Bet it would hurt to get hit in the eyes with that beam. :O Thanks for the pictures!

Heber

I especially like the flood of the M30, you can not only see my patio chairs, house, and fence, but the property behind the fence as well. I can only imagine what the beam would do in someone's eyes for self defense, I know if I turn the strobe on and point it at the floor as I walk I actually get disoriented.

Back