My Anthem report

Finally decided to sharpen mine up on the Wicked Edge (the rebladed one of course). Came out screaming sharp and very well polished at 16 degrees per side.

WI37uJi.jpg

Wow that food looks amazing! The knife does too. :thumbsup:

Your athem is a beautiful knife with an equally beautiful edge to match. the handle has a shape very reminiscent of the 940.

Is anybody having chipping issues on their Anthem? After a week of work, my blade looks awful.

Finally decided to sharpen mine up on the Wicked Edge (the rebladed one of course). Came out screaming sharp and very well polished at 16 degrees per side.

WI37uJi.jpg

Hey Halden.Doerge, how do you compare benchmade's s90v, and m390 and 20cv for ability to take a fine edge?

Hey Halden.Doerge, how do you compare benchmade's s90v, and m390 and 20cv for ability to take a fine edge?

I'd say 20CV wins out. M390 is about the same, but I've been really impressed with Benchmades 20CV. Both are better at taking a fine edge than S90V.

I'd say 20CV wins out. M390 is about the same, but I've been really impressed with Benchmades 20CV. Both are better at taking a fine edge than S90V.

Cool, thanks. I just got my 940-1 back from service and they accidently put a cpm 20cv blade on it so i am trying to decide whether or not to keep it that way or send it back in for the s90v.

Cool, thanks. I just got my 940-1 back from service and they accidently put a cpm 20cv blade on it so i am trying to decide whether or not to keep it that way or send it back in for the s90v.

Keep that!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Keep that!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Your enthusiastic response gives me confidence for keeping the 20cv. I have only had my valet with m390 for about two months so i just havent had enough cutting experience to form an opinion. However, it takes a very fine edge realitvely easily when sharpening. I liked s90v so much because on my 940-1 it was my only knife that never suffered an edge roll. However, i disliked sharpening it and i could never get quite as fine of an edge as i would like. I am someone who appreciates a sharp edge with great stability. I prefer to touch up my knives 2-4 times a month with a few passes on spyderco ceramics to keep a fine edge.

I like the edge profile on the anthem. It looks like a very practical blade shape. And it speaks volumes to me that benchmade chose to put the cpm 20cv on their flagship manual folding knife.

I wonder if the clip would blend better if they made the chevron pattern of the clip in the opposing direction.

Totally off topic for the thread in general, but I want to pick one of these up really bad! I’m watching the forum to try and catch a deal because I can’t see myself paying the $425 retailers have to ask for it. I have seen them go $300-$350 on the forum... I’ll catch one eventually.

I have a friend trying to remove the Axis Lock mechanism on my Anthem for me. I thought the two screws on the back were Torx, but he says they're not. Has anyone disassembled his?

I have a friend trying to remove the Axis Lock mechanism on my Anthem for me. I thought the two screws on the back were Torx, but he says they're not. Has anyone disassembled his?
Yes the two little screws are torx. I believe they are t5 maybe but I cant remember for sure. Apostle P has a video sowing how to disassemble it. Good luck with the axis bar though. It takes a proprietary tool.

...and WHY would anyone want to remove the Axis lock from an Anthem?? From a safety viewpoint, there wouldn't be much holding the blade inside the frame!

Back