my best two tested heavy hitters

My favorite heavy hitter. Not for the price to performance factor that most people mention. It's weight to performance. I've had pretty much all of the big guns from Busse. Nothing beats the usefulness of the 1311. Hopefully we will see an INFI version some day.

Gave mine a full convex grind. I had a few 1311s and the one gripe I had (and I've seen others with the same issue) is that the edge didn't seem as durable as other SR101 blades I've used. The regrind seemed to fix that. I've beat the hell out of it after the regrind. Not a single chip, dent, roll,....anything. It's my dream blade.

37101100442_92e417d1ae_b.jpg
what did you use to regrind it?

I have a cg bb13 and would still be interested in an infi version of the1311.

Courtesy of Ban...

View attachment 766674

B11 is faster and an easier carry--perfect for so many uses spanning machete to hatchet--but for pure chopping performance the Banned CG BB13 has balance, heft and geometry in spades. And swinging it for an extended time doesn't wear you down like some of the heavier blades will. I agree--it DOES hit like an axe.
That's a thing of beauty Will, when you get tired of her hit me up. Thanks,

Doug

Thanks Doug--nice to hear from you. She's on the short list of stuff going in the box with me--as the ad says, just in case I CAN take it with me. ;):D

Thanks Doug--nice to hear from you. She's on the short list of stuff going in the box with me--as the ad says, just in case I CAN take it with me. ;):D
Will I hope that's a long ways off for you and nice to hear from you as well. Have a great day buddy.

Back