My BK7 has a scratch

Accelerator

Gold Member
First time posting in the Becker forum (I think), but a long time user. Forgive me for the post title, it’s more than a scratch. I’ve had this bad boy for a long time, 6-7 years probably, and have beaten the crap out of it. It’s my most trustworthy knife and is as sharp and trusty today as it was the day I bought it, actually probably more so. I love this beast and I know that it loves me back.
SRP5paJ.jpg

Nothing like a well used blade. That's how it's supposed to look. :thumbsup: Reminds me of my BK9:

BTW, welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

Last edited:
First time posting in the Becker forum (I think), but a long time user. Forgive me for the post title, it’s more than a scratch. I’ve had this bad boy for a long time, 6-7 years probably, and have beaten the crap out of it. It’s my most trustworthy knife and is as sharp and trusty today as it was the day I bought it, actually probably more so. I love this beast and I know that it loves me back.
SRP5paJ.jpg

You earned your Respect, here......Good Post!
Those aren't scratches, according to Beckerheads, I'm pretty sure those are called Polishing Marks.

Indeed, a nice introduction here:)

That is the very natural state of a Becker Knife. Use it without hesitation, it just gets better over time:)

The 7 is an amazing all around tool, always asking for more.

However, if that bug has bitten you, I can see a 9 in your future :)

I’ve been eyeballing a 9 for quite some time but so far the 7 has done everything I’ve asked it to without hesitation. I can beat the crap out of it, spend a few minutes on the stone and it’s back to hair popping sharp. Nothing gets in its way and survives to tell about it. It’s without a doubt one of the finest knives that I’ve ever purchased and I’ve purchased a lot.

The nice thing about Becker’s is they clean up good :p:p
View attachment 1544305
and work just as hard :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That 7 is gorgeous. I really need to find a stamped 7........the one I have has the small pommel and it's kind of a "Safe Queen".

The 7 and the Perseverance are my favourite Beckers as far as size goes (and my 21s, of course:D). To have one in-between the Mk2 and BK-7 would be ideal.

BK-6.5, anyone?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

SRP5paJ.jpg

To make it like a new knife, have you thought about micarta scales? When I attached some to my BK 7, it made it feel like a totally new knife, so much more comfortable.

I've had worse.

The BK7 was the inspiration for the Black Knight scene.
"I'm invincible!!"

Nothing like a well used blade. That's how it's supposed to look. :thumbsup: Reminds me of my BK9:

Yup, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What this guy said !!! LOL If your knife don't look like that, your doing it wrong ! LOL

Back