My Bob Ohlemann folders.

d.r.h.

starik
Platinum Member
Got my first folder from a relatively new knife maker in Sanger, TX ... Bob Ohlemann. It's a very sweet gent's folder featuring some super good looking caramel, crackle Mammoth bark ivory scales; zirconium bolsters, back strap and thumb stud; and a 2.5625" San Mai blade (1084/416) from HHH. It's a very nice addition to my gent's folder collection.

Y6ba5pN.jpg

EVa4JJZ.jpg

knZfuZp.jpg

GCuCYUW.jpg

KcWNEuq.jpg

f6SRX8V.jpg

l2VEPOn.jpg

Last edited:
Added a second folder from Bob today. I wanted one similar to my first, but with a Damascus blade ... to sort of make a contrasting companion set. I checked with Bob after he got back from the ICCE show to see what he still had available. Decided on this one. Similarly sized, it features a 2.5625" Doug Ponzio Turkish Twist Damascus blade, tortoise shell Kirinite scales and zirconium bolsters/back spacer/thumbstud. It has a really unique look to it ... but boy is it a dust magnet with respect to trying to photograph!!!

ays6ePL.jpg

EeIEdd4.jpg

vqrMEpf.jpg

yEXnPLC.jpg

DaNrHLy.jpg

And here it is with its companion piece:

pF8t9aW.jpg

Last edited:
The zirconium has a nice subtle gleam to it and goes very well with the chosen damascus. Great overall shape to them as well. :thumbup:

Had the opportunity to add another of these small gent's folders that Bob makes. This was one he made for this year's ICCE show. As soon as I saw the eye-popping snakewood dressing out this piece, I knew I wanted it! Sized like the other two I have, this one sports those beautifully book matched snakewood scales, zirc bolsters and back spacer, and a very elegant Doug Ponzio Damascus blade in his Turkish lace pattern. I am going to need more pockets!!!!

l8WaM9s.jpg

RaD3RMr.jpg

Kg6P0dW.jpg

5S8hPiu.jpg

0E1fVm1.jpg

VMDpT3E.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoyed seeing Bob featured in the April edition of Blade Magazine (along with another of my favorite knife makers). And .... I just love the Freelancer model pictured in the write-up!!

iQwzTZp.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful folders, I like those first two the most. Congrats and Thanks for sharing.

Back