My Bokers

Some of the Bokers from my knife roll. From the top: Urban Trapper, Urban Trapper Petite, FR, Mini FR, Mini Kwaiken. For light duty EDC my favourite is the Mini FR, a great little knife.

I do like, really like the Urban Trapper. That mini FR does look nice. Brad Zenker knows how to design a knife and he may have read my mind on the ultimate edc gents knife it seems perfect in many ways.

How do you like your Urban Trapper Petite?

I've had my eye on the cocobolo version for quite some time, but I worry I won't like the narrow blade shape as I usually go for a broad leaf shape.

I really like it. It is the perfect gentlemans knife for light tasks. It was my daily wearer before I got the Mini FR, which has a slightly broader blade and a sturdier feel. The Petite developed some blade play after a while (I’ve flicked it open a thousand times though, it’s addictive), but loctite on the pivot took care of that. The action is super smooth and fast, and requires minimal pressure on the flipper tab to open. A couple of things could have been improved: The tab needs to be rounded a bit, it is quite sharp and uncomfortable. A tab like the one on the Mini Kwaiken is perfect. The screws seem to strip easily as well, so take care when servicing the knife.

Back