My Bro's 15" AK PGA Arrived Yesterday

Yesterday when I got home from school the long brown box was waiting. Inside was the horn handled 15" AK that I'd purchased for my bro. It was very well made. Sanu did a very good job on the blade. I'm surprised by how light it is (21 oz according to Uncle) considering that the spine is 1/2" thick, at least. The scabbard is made of the new leather and it looks pretty good to me. The handle is good and wide, making for a secure grip (though tonight I may take some fine steel wool to it just to be sure).

The karda and chakma were good and big, but the karda is pretty dull. Sometime I'll have to work on it with my dia-fold.

My brother was pretty impressed with his first khuk. This weekend I'll have to give him some lessons and pointers on using it (and of course some safety lessons).

Bob

Many thanks for report from the field, Bob. I notice Sanu has been toying with weight for some reason. Your brother's AK is one of the lightest I've seen Sanu make. In the same shipment he sent a Chiruwa AK that weighed 2.25 pounds. I'm not sure what he's up to but he has some idea he's tinkering with.

Anyway, thanks again.

Back