my dream knife has arrived..along with a koyote.

mtnfolk mike

Basic Member
many thanks to this thread and one of our forum members, who contacted me after reading my post..

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593405&page=3
i now have my dream knife... a Ricky Fowler survival knife.. most of you folks that know me on this forum, know that i genrally dan't care much for big knives, but i have wanted one of these knives for the past 5-6 years... i just love the design.. it looks like it would be an awesome camp knife/chopper..
Dan Schetchman did a cool write up on it in the may 2001 issue of TK..
i don't think that ricky is making knives anymore, so they've gotten really hard to come by.. not to mention they're pretty darn expensive..

thanks again Tim...

it arrived today... here's some specs..

Blade: 3/16 in. thick, 01
Blade length: 9 7/8 in.
OAL: 16 1/4 in.
Handle: Micarta.
Sheath: Brown Leather.

now for some pics.. this thing is sweet... i can't wait to get a chance to do some chopping with it... hopefully we'll be doing another chop fest soon...

IMG_3928.jpg

IMG_3929.jpg

for such a big knife, the handle feels great in my (M) hands...

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg

IMG_3934.jpg

IMG_3934.jpg

the sheath this knife came with is bomber... it is really well made.. i think Ricky's wife made it...

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

also got these guys recently... a KOYOTE bushcrafter in osage and 2 of his PSK's... this bushcrafter is really nice... it just melts into my hands... it also came with a nice Koyotegirl sheath...

IMG_3941.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

thanks for looking again... mike

Last edited:
That would indeed make a good chopper. I have one of those Koyote made knives as well mine is his wilderness model 1 with a little wider blade. It is a fantastic knife and I'm very happy with it. My big chopper is a kukri.

Mike

just jumped on..now that's one big blade.to big for me but still one nice looking knife ...by the way received the knife today after work..the DSKW is more suited to my style.

Jim

"Hold Fast"

Very nice knives. I am not into knives as big as the chopper, but it looks awesome.

I have stuck maily with belt knives lately but the the idea of wanting a big chopper has been lurking in the shadows of my consciousness. That one rocks Mike.

Congrats Mike!

Indeed, that knife looks cool! The sheath looks great too.

The KOYOTE looks good too. I've always been a fan of Osage.

Enjoy your knives!

Whoa, thats awesome. Nice score Mike, glad you were lucky enough to snag one.:thumbup::cool:

MIKE!!! OMG I WANT. I have that same issue of TK and I have been drooling over that knife SINCE '01. Yeeepaww, you HAVE to let me borrow it sometime. I am soo jealous!!!

Great score. Now you will be able to convex that big chopper! Love that Koyote bushcrafter with osage!

Whoa that a big knife! Look extremely well made Mike.

Congrats bro!

That Koyote looks great as well.

Hopefully i will be receiving my dream knife as well after posting up in this forum. (2 cold steel safe keeper 1's are comming my way :))

this forum makes dreams come true!

Nice dude. I had a Fowler just like that and it was a sweet knife and not too heavy for how big it is. Love the Koyote too.

WOW Mike way to go. I remember reading that articale to and seeing that knife.

Luck Dog LOL

Bryan

thanks guys...:thumbup: i am soooo stoked to finally get my paws on one of these knives...:D:D:D i can't wait to take it out to do some chopping....

Awesome score Mike. :thumbup:

The in hand shot speaks volumes, …that baby is SAVAGE.
:eek: :cool: :eek:

"If you're not living on the edge, …you're taking up too much space."

Big Mike

Back