Photos Sharing CRK Art - My CRK Collection

In my eyes that one right there is as nice as they get, and that's saying something for mnandi's. Congrats.

Thanks! That's the one I've been waiting for a long time.

It's also going to be the one to kick a couple other out the door to pay for it!. :eek:

Dear Lone Wolf, do you happen to have the dancing maple leaf UG? Would you mind post a couple pictures so I can dream?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 2005 is so beautiful. It's amazing how the colors pop even at the slightest change of angle.

Yes..I can..NEXT

Or ""Why is Mommy paying attention to these stupid things when she could be worshiping me? :rolleyes:"

But yeah, it's been a weekend long job keeping her safe from the Wrath of Momma. :D

Absolutely, we always want more pics! Should be an outstanding addition to amazing collection. Hope you don't have to release any of the precious ones to acquire it.

With such a large collection, how do you regulate or organise it, maybe you don't, lol? Do you still plan sets within the collection? Do you still have an overall goal? Do you find the collection ebbs and flows or simply increases? Curious whether you impose a cap by total or other restrictors.
My own collection is tiny in comparison and grows I guess by a couple a year. I was wondering earlier how it might look in 5 years time. Part of the fun is I've no idea, lol
Sorry for the miryad of questions....

A few of my favs are the "Arctic Bark" mammoth Mnandi, the Annual "Owlbenza", all of your "Night Sky" variants.. and the Black Ash Burl Mnandi :rolleyes:.

Absolutely, we always want more pics! Should be an outstanding addition to amazing collection. Hope you don't have to release any of the precious ones to acquire it.

With such a large collection, how do you regulate or organise it, maybe you don't, lol? Do you still plan sets within the collection? Do you still have an overall goal? Do you find the collection ebbs and flows or simply increases? Curious whether you impose a cap by total or other restrictors.
My own collection is tiny in comparison and grows I guess by a couple a year. I was wondering earlier how it might look in 5 years time. Part of the fun is I've no idea, lol
Sorry for the miryad of questions....

Nothing got turned loose to snatch this one up, mainly because I figured I'd better move pretty quickly. Not a rarity or anything, but something that flies off the shelves pretty fast. I will be releasing a few very shortly, but nothing rare yet.

As for organizing it, I keep a spreadsheet with them all listed. I do plan sets within my collection, although I mostly have to wait for chances to grab what I want. I also sometimes grab something I don't 'need', just because I like it. The collection can be broken down into groups, for example my UG collection. I wanted to get one from each major point in UG history, that's finally complete. Doesn't mean I won't buy anymore UG's, but it'll be because I like it, not because it fills a hole in the collection.

Sometimes I change up the goal after I get it finished. I sought to get a Mnandi from each year of production, got that last fall. Within a week I did the pic session for Mnandis Through the Years, then almost immediately sold off a few including one that was an only for it's year. Now my focus for Mnandis is to hit the major points, much like I did with UG's. I think I'll have that done when my gold/diamond inlaid gets here. I also collected a few transitionals, just because that's my favorite configuration, and some more just because I like the inlay. I'm also trying to complete the Annuals timeline, needing only 2000, 2003, and 2009. I've got some that fit into other smaller groupings, like my righty-lefty pairs, and a few just because I like them.

The windmill is right handed, that sure looks like a lefty to me. Maybe the one from the west coast??????

Good eye, yes it's the pretty from the left coast. :D So without further ado..... ;)

I happened to be trading email with Dan about something unrelated, and while I was sitting there, poked around their site. I saw something that hadn't been there 2 days ago. A Morning Sun, and one that checked all the boxes! Damascus that looks really nice, intense color, Citrine cab instead of Almandine, Pine trees, birds, and it's a lefty!! I had no control of my mouse, it clicked "Add to Cart" before I could stop it....

MS_Damascus-2-.jpg MS_Damascus-1.jpg MS_Damascus-3.jpg MS_Damascus-6.jpg MS_Damascus-8.jpg MS_Damascus-3.jpg MS_Damascus-Close.jpg MS_Damascus-9.jpgMS_Damascus-5.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, that is nice. Very nice. I've always been intrigued by the Night Sky's and Morning Suns. Oh to have a shooting star or big dipper night sky....

Nothing got turned loose to snatch this one up, mainly because I figured I'd better move pretty quickly. Not a rarity or anything, but something that flies off the shelves pretty fast. I will be releasing a few very shortly, but nothing rare yet.

As for organizing it, I keep a spreadsheet with them all listed. I do plan sets within my collection, although I mostly have to wait for chances to grab what I want. I also sometimes grab something I don't 'need', just because I like it. The collection can be broken down into groups, for example my UG collection. I wanted to get one from each major point in UG history, that's finally complete. Doesn't mean I won't buy anymore UG's, but it'll be because I like it, not because it fills a hole in the collection.

Sometimes I change up the goal after I get it finished. I sought to get a Mnandi from each year of production, got that last fall. Within a week I did the pic session for Mnandis Through the Years, then almost immediately sold off a few including one that was an only for it's year. Now my focus for Mnandis is to hit the major points, much like I did with UG's. I think I'll have that done when my gold/diamond inlaid gets here. I also collected a few transitionals, just because that's my favorite configuration, and some more just because I like the inlay. I'm also trying to complete the Annuals timeline, needing only 2000, 2003, and 2009. I've got some that fit into other smaller groupings, like my righty-lefty pairs, and a few just because I like them.

Thanks LW, fascinating! I aspire to your level of collection....

Nick

Dang, that is nice. Very nice. I've always been intrigued by the Night Sky's and Morning Suns. Oh to have a shooting star or big dipper night sky....

They're out there. Both are exclusives for different vendors.

And now for a very fond farewell. Sometimes to get new ones, I have to give up something really nice. One of my Black Ash Mnandis if going to Italy soon..... sigh.....

BlackAshBrat.jpg

BlackAsh2-Docs-.jpg

AllTheYears-4.jpg BlackAsh2.jpg BlackAsh2-4.jpg

Last edited:
Back