My Exotics...

Moosez45

Custom Antlers, Factory Knives...
I'll be posting these pics in the Exotics thread, for posterity and archiving, but I wanted to share some with you about My Exotics.

Sidenote: Tha weathers a changin' here, and though I may not be posting much in the near future, I'm still gonna be on very often. Its outdoor time, and I will be posting alot of stuff up in the coming months. Just lettin' ya'll know.

My Exotics.

100_2025.jpg

Starting from the top to the bottom, Reinhardt/Becker Kukri, Kabar BK77, and "The Becker Knife That Doesn't Exist". More on that one in a minute.

100_2027.jpg

RBK (Rienhardt Becker Kukri)
My experience with the RBK is a tale of woe. First saw one years ago, didn't get it, forgot about it, and remembered it one day at Ethan's. Got to use his RBK user on some poplar, and realized right then, I must have one.

Now, my RBK will never be used unless zombies rise up and start driving cars.:D Its a keepsake, a rememberance, and a badass blade that I want to preserve. Picked it up off some chicken last year. Great knife, bad chicken.

Its sterile, has the grey "epoxy" coating, and is CARBON STEEL. Yes, carbon. I checked it out throughly, and it is carbon, not 4140. Yay ME!!

100_2028.jpg

100_2029.jpg

Stories of Hank Reinhardt, are legendary. I am not going to share them here, but there are some very, very dramatic tales of this legend. Hank was posthumously given the Beckerhead #000, a tribute to a great man.

Kabar Becker BK77.

Big ass chunk of S30V, tan micarta handles, and a Remora (Chinese) in the sheath. Many of ya'll have been seeing these lately, and you have my thanks. This is the BKT that I have never owned before. I always said I wouldn't own one, but, well, ya'll know the recent history. The main reasons why I would never own one, is the price and man, that is one flashy blade. I am a simple man by nature, and have never really liked flashy knives. Ta hell with that, this thing is gorgeous. I'm glad I own one, and soon will be owning 2. I want a user and one to be queen to my RBK king.

100_2030.jpg

The BKT That Never Existed
Now, a few folks have one of these, but not many. By not many, the only ones I know that have one, are Ethan, Guyon, Bladite, and Myself. Others may be out there, but no one has stepped forward to show it. Here's mine,

100_2031.jpg

You can see the blade style of the BK11, and the handle of the Remora, blended in the wonder. It was a prototype Necker, that never was. A few blades were struck, and the BK11 was born, so, that design never really came to fruition. It is marked BKT, but that is it. No makers mark, or anything. This was a gift from Uncle E, as a reward for being made a moderator for this forum.

I plan to aquire another soon, as I want to use one to see how well it will perform, but this one, sits next to the King and Queen, as the Jack, the special creation that was never created. Its one of my favorite knives, mostly because it was a gift from the Grand Poobah, and the fact that it is a rare and never produced BKT Original Creation.

Well, that's My Exotics, there will be more, I'm sure, but for now, that is my Court of Knives That will Never be Used.

Oh, and in case anyone is curiouse why its not here, I recently sold my "First BK7" to a long time friend, and bush buddy, who will take good care of it, and give a good home. I did it, because he has always admired it, and now that I have several BK7's, I honestly would rather have Kabars instead of Cams. That's my choice and as always, pay it forward, Beckerheads.

Moose

Very cool dude. Nice pics.
I'm thinking at least one other person has the necker, but it's been a long day.
Phil Gibbs maybe? I don't know. I'm beat. Either way, nice exotics.

Dang, if I'd known that Reinhardt was carbon steel... :D

Look freakin' sweet. Nice pics.

Cooool.

But when I read the title, I was gettin' jazzed for some Tropical Island Girls
in grass shirts ... It is a full moon and all ya know (LOL)

Nice blades. And I'm with you on the weather. 80 here today.

Had the top down and rippin' it up :D

Those are some sweet "Safe Ornaments" you've got there, Moose. I hope you'll at least take them out for Christmas and make a little pointy nativity scene :)

Really cool to see the obscure and unusual Beckers.

Moosez ole' buddy, nice stash for your future & the future Becker Knife & Tool Hall of Fame. And congrats on #4000 sneaking up on ya' as well. Hope you do post a lot here, have learned a ton of knowledge from you guys in such a short time . . . . :thumbup:
And Bladite, always showing off his knife pron . . . . :D
Thanks guys,
Be safe.

I'll see those safe queens and raise you a user. :p

Necker2.jpg

Oh, you..:mad:...

I wanna use it so bad I can't stand it. I wanna strip one, polish it, and put some wood handles on it.

Oh, I'll find another, and I think I know where to look:D

Moose

Oh, you..:mad:...

I wanna use it so bad I can't stand it. I wanna strip one, polish it, and put some wood handles on it.

Oh, I'll find another, and I think I know where to look:D

Moose

you're going to hell if you strip one :)

must knock it off ;) if God wanted them stripped, they'd be shipped naked ;) wait. yes, that's right :>

you're going to hell if you strip one :)

must knock it off ;) if God wanted them stripped, they'd be shipped naked ;) wait. yes, that's right :>

I was going to hell long before I started stripping the paint off of knives, I assure you.:confused::)

Never wanted to see one stripped? I do, and polished, with some nice wood on it.:D

I'll tell you what, I get another one, I'll wear off half, and strip off half. Heaven and Hell so to speak, so, um, er, how about a donation to the cause, say, one of those?
:eek::D

Moose

I was going to hell long before I started stripping the paint off of knives, I assure you.:confused::)

Never wanted to see one stripped? I do, and polished, with some nice wood on it.:D

I'll tell you what, I get another one, I'll wear off half, and strip off half. Heaven and Hell so to speak, so, um, er, how about a donation to the cause, say, one of those?
:eek::D

Moose

half of one of those is in Guyon's mitts :) the rest is mine mine mine :>

half of one of those is in Guyon's mitts :) the rest is mine mine mine :>

Greed, a stinky cologne, that can be smelled across the interwebz:D

S'cool, amigo, I got a line on some more, don't you worry.:thumbup:

You should do a "everything shot" for everybody, just once, so they can see, really see, what being a Beckerhead is about.

Moose

Greed, a stinky cologne, that can be smelled across the interwebz:D

S'cool, amigo, I got a line on some more, don't you worry.:thumbup:

You should do a "everything shot" for everybody, just once, so they can see, really see, what being a Beckerhead is about.

Moose

not greed, hard hard work :)

all in one - yup - done that - shown it off already.

and replicated the coating and stampings too :)

wait....those BKs that never existed....

was that the inspiration for the littler bks that come with the BK9?

Back