• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

My experience with Ann_Dem

:rolleyes:

She has 399 posts. Quick search ? I think not. Of course, different story if one does a specific search using her name and Israel. I think that it's clear in Peter's posts that he thought that she was in the US.

I highly doubt that people will exert that much energy searching the forums in an attempt to discover where a seller is from.

I'll put it to you this way. . . . .I have a little more than 10,000 posts. Do a search to see where I'm originally from.

He made that perfectly clear. He thought that she was from Illinois, but the PayPal e-mail receipt payment to showed that it was an "international payment."

There are two occasions where she mentions that she doesn't have his address (Sat, 16 Dec 2006 22:39:20 and Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:32:47). Of course, the transaction had pretty much shit the bed before then.

One would think that if a buyer is going to ship on the previous Thurs (14th) and then Fri (15th) and then Saturday (16th). . . .there would be requests, in her e-mails, that she needed his shipping information.

see me previous reply in this thread....

Peter knew I'm from Israel after given explanations few times.

Ann,
I don't know why you continue to tell lies? I did not post that email because I sent it from within Blade Forums and do not have it. If there is a way to locate messages sent from here I am unaware of it.

You claim I sent 8 - 10 emails per day. THAT IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE!

Based on the opinions expressed in this thread I overreacted and let my suspicions get in the way of better judgement. I regret spending my time creating this thread and apologize to those that wasted their time reading it.

Should a moderator deem it appropriate to remove it, that would be fine with me.

As to you Ann, YOUR reactions and subsequent LIES affirm my feeling that you are not the honest person you claim to be. I have completed hundreds of transactions using PayPal and NEVER had anyone need to ask for my address.

You confirmed my PayPal payment went to the correct place from the beginning, and if so, you HAD my address.

Lastly, you claim I sent over 30 to 40 emails...POST THEM...you can't because they don't exist!

Once again, I am sorry to anyone wasting their time reading these flames. I AM an honest person and have nothing to hide about this ordeal.

Peter

okkk , you win the prize Peter !!!!

pokal.jpg

I better go lurk in main forum , there is much interesting threads.

have a good day Peter !!!!

hi guys...here's my experience...i also mistook that "IL" was Illinoise...i wanted to buy a BM31 balisong form ann-dem when she had it for sale and i was excited about how close she is...but when i asked for details to mail my pymt and did discover that she lives in Israel. i unfortunately had to cancel the sale, only because it is illegal to import balisongs here in U.S. i've had stuff confiscated before and that's no fun.

anyway, i can see the honest misconception here.

i hope every party comes to some kind of understanding and correct everything.

All I know is that I purchased 3 knives from Ann (One for Gary G.).

All I got was total honesty, very pleasant emails, total honesty as per her location and a very fast shipment. The knives were in my hands before she had the payment.

The buyer got confused with the IL location and got impatient and concerned. I can understand that. Ann: my question is how come you could promis to ship the knife (in 12 hours) if you did not have his address? If I planned to ship something I would ask for address in every e-mail response.

The buyer got confused with the IL location and got impatient and concerned. I can understand that. Ann: my question is how come you could promis to ship the knife (in 12 hours) if you did not have his address? If I planned to ship something I would ask for address in every e-mail response.

I did asked for the shipping address in email (you can see it in emails)

I was sure such simple request won't confuse anyone , and I thought I have the address in my inbox.

Despite 'Ann's' overwhelming transaction history, I side with Peter on this one. That's me.

Coop

Ann had completed many good deals and that is why I bought the knife in the first place. After I posted this thread (and I would not have done so if she did not force the issue), I agreed that I may have overreacted and regretted being part of this on a public forum.

But based on HER responses and additional false accusations I do NOT feel she is honest.

I resent her trying to portray me as a psycho sending 8 - 10 emails per day when I perhaps sent that many in total! Her evasive reply when I suggested she post those 30 - 40 alleged emails confirms my feeling that she is less than honest.

Peter

I don't have a horse in this race, but of course I have taken the time to read this thread based on the first "Who is ann_dem?" thread, posted by Kohai. At the time, he voiced my own suspicions simply because the first knife ann_dem posted for sale was priced simply too low to be legitimate.

Seems to me, there has been a lot of miscommunication in this unfortunate transaction.

On a personal note: as soon as I read something like this...

"...I do understand your worries , however , I'm honest person and don't have any intensions to scam..."

...my BS meter starts to twitch. Doesn't matter if it's a knifemaker, knife collector, car salesman, or one of my kids.

However -- if Gus vouches for someone, that's good enough for me. I hope this gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction, and quickly.

I don't have a horse in this race, but of course I have taken the time to read this thread based on the first "Who is ann_dem?" thread, posted by Kohai. At the time, he voiced my own suspicions simply because the first knife ann_dem posted for sale was priced simply too low to be legitimate.

Seems to me, there has been a lot of miscommunication in this unfortunate transaction.

"...I do understand your worries , however , I'm honest person and don't have any intensions to scam..."

...my BS meter starts to twitch. Doesn't matter if it's a knifemaker, knife collector, car salesman, or one of my kids.

However -- if Gus vouches for someone, that's good enough for me. I hope this gets resolved to everyone's satisfaction, and quickly.

Israel is a big place,but I must admit I feel suspicious about this person due to the size of the collection and high value pieces,and being a brand new member that just pops up out of nowhere.If I'm wrong, I apologize for insinuating such a thing,but anybody that has frequented this forum wouldn't blame anybody for considering such a possibility.
Maybe some of us are just too paranoid, due to some things that have gone down here that are definately bad and ugly.It does pay to be alert for such behavior,cause it can happen that way.It would also stand to reason that if someone scams people out of knives,they would also need a knife buying venue to profit from the stolen goods,and if you want to sell them all,you certainly would make sure you deliver.Don't mean to offend anybody,just being honest about my feelings.

oh your opinion is greatly appreciated , what we could do without it .... :D

Israel is a big place,but I must admit I feel suspicious about this person due to the size of the collection and high value pieces,and being a brand new member that just pops up out of nowhere.If I'm wrong, I apologize for insinuating such a thing,but anybody that has frequented this forum wouldn't blame anybody for considering such a possibility.
Maybe some of us are just too paranoid, due to some things that have gone down here that are definately bad and ugly.It does pay to be alert for such behavior,cause it can happen that way.It would also stand to reason that if someone scams people out of knives,they would also need a knife buying venue to profit from the stolen goods,and if you want to sell them all,you certainly would make sure you deliver.Don't mean to offend anybody,just being honest about my feelings.

Your appology is accepted , you are welcome hon.

Ann, you have made several posts to this thread supporting your honesty.

However, you claimed I harrassed you and sent "8 - 10 " emails per day!

I requested you "Post Them". Where are they??

Peter

I still can't figure out what's the purpose of this thread...

Lord have mercy. :(

peterinct said:
However, you claimed I harrassed you...

What Peter is referring to is this post. . . . .

Peter , why didn't you posted ALL the emails then ?

You sent about 8 ~ 10 emails per day.

Sending someone eight to ten e-mails a day would be considered excessive. In this particular case. . . .it would constitute harassment.

You also make claims that you requested his shipping address. . . . .several times.

Posting the e-mails that he sent you and the e-mails that you sent him, will alleviate much of the "he said - she said."

Lord have mercy. :(

What Peter is referring to is this post. . . . .

Sending someone eight to ten e-mails a day would be considered excessive. In this particular case. . . .it would constitute harassment.

You also make claims that you requested his shipping address. . . . .several times.

Posting the e-mails that he sent you and the e-mails that you sent him, will alleviate much of the "he said - she said."

ok ! you are right ! I'm not !

have a good day ! :D

same haters were bashing me for being dealer , some of you even called me "bitch" , but after mod. spoke , you all got lost. (you know who you are)now you come in my thread and keep posting your opinions ? hehe

The never ending story on blade forum?I order often knifes in the USA.But before sending an email I wait at least 3 weeks.Christmass is here and for all the people of good will I wish you all the best

The never ending story on blade forum?I order often knifes in the USA.But before sending an email I wait at least 3 weeks.Christmass is here and for all the people of good will I wish you all the best

yeah , there some folks around like SharpByCoop and GigOne who watch for threads about me , and whatever they get a chance , they try input their "smart thoughts" about me :D

Back