My Fav: The Soldier River

You rock, brutha. I'm gonna give you a big ol' hug next time I see you.

Ok, probably not...but you get the point.
Iz

First and foremost, Iz, Congrats on the new forum brother!! Second, I totally support IA's views on the Soldier River and it is torture waiting till Christmas to get mine!

First and foremost, Iz, Congrats on the new forum brother!! Second, I totally support IA's views on the Soldier River and it is torture waiting till Christmas to get mine!

Heh. Well if all works out, brother you might get it a lot sooner.
I'm hoping to go full time in the near future so the wait list will go from 8 months to probably around 3. But I'm not sure if it's gonna happen for sure or not.
Thanks for the nice words, man and thanks for stopping in.
Hope you hang here.
Iz

Heh. Well if all works out, brother you might get it a lot sooner.
I'm hoping to go full time in the near future so the wait list will go from 8 months to probably around 3. But I'm not sure if it's gonna happen for sure or not.
Thanks for the nice words, man and thanks for stopping in.
Hope you hang here.
Iz

Iz, I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you do get a chance to go full time, not for selfish reasons....well, OK, partly for selfish reasons, but the world needs to experience the excellence you produce and full time is the only way to do it.

Iz, I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you do get a chance to go full time, not for selfish reasons....well, OK, partly for selfish reasons, but the world needs to experience the excellence you produce and full time is the only way to do it.

Thanks, brother. That's ultra cool of you to say.:thumbup:
Iz

This is the one that caught my interest. I ordered a different model, but this one is awesome.

Sweet action if ya go full time, Iz... I'm way on down the line for that #20 Gasconade River. I'm so itch'n to get my hands on it. It'd be cheery sweet to have it before the new year!! All the best, y'all.

Rocky,
Fyi, the design has change slightly from Ia's Soldier River.
The only difference is that the handle is slightly longer and the blade is slightly wider than before.
This is the newer design.
4658910832_e80c14af20_z.jpg

4658910648_9b283fd440.jpg

4658910566_efa8d98887.jpg

4658910772_0e07ffb837_z.jpg

Iz

Ooooo I like it. I'm going to start selling some others to order one. I will let you know!

My neighbor took one look at that Soldier River and decided to buy one. Hopefully Iz remembers that or I'm gonna suffer the wrath of "The Dudley"!

Me: Which knife do you want?
Him: I want one of them there knives like IA Woodsman has!
Me: The Turley?
Him: I don't know the one like IA Woodsman has!
Me: Alright then.... hey Iz!

I think I saw a picture of this on BCUSA months back and knew I had to have it.
I had a real Woodlore and always thought my perfect blade would be based off that design (forward of the handle). Same general blade shape but stretched out and a longer more traditional handle for big mitts.
Looking forward to this one.

Back