My FB fillet buddy is wickedly sharp

Bmurray

Gold Member
While on our trip to the smokies, i was using my "fillet buddy" on some bamboo for a walking stick. Well, she slipped while declimbing and this happened. Took over 4 hours to get the bleeding under control and only after stitching an artery closed. They estimate I lost about a pint of the red stuff. Now it hurts like hell. I'm going to start using my cut proof gloves from now on.

damn Bob.

I hope you have a speedy recovery. That's worse than anything I've seen here in the shop.

Dang Bob!! That's terrible. Were they able to attach that piece back on? Hoping for a quick recover.

Dang Bob!! That's terrible. Were they able to attach that piece back on? Hoping for a quick recover.

Nope. They said it would most likely die off and cause a possible infection. I'm on a super high doses of antibiotics and pain media right now. However I think I may have the sharpest fillet buddy around.

Nope. They said it would most likely die off and cause a possible infection. I'm on a super high doses of antibiotics and pain media right now. However I think I may have the sharpest fillet buddy around.

Bummer. Sorry ..
BloodyThumbDown-vi.jpg

My stomach just did a cartwheel...a couple actually.

I'm praying for a speedy recovery, as well as your pain to be mitigated completely.

Heal up quickly, that's gonna leave a mark! It's easier than you'd think to get bit. I've had a little run in with an Avocado seed that resulted in an ER visit. Y'all be safe out there.

Almost yakked on seeing that. Thought it was filleting a fish with a hiking buddy. Heal well, another sharp one on it's way.

Back