My FB fillet buddy is wickedly sharp

Dang Bob you were not kidding when you said that the Scandi grind is a good slicer!

Hope you heal well and heal fast.

That's nasty Bob. I've had a few deep slices in my time, but never caved off a chunk like that. It hurts my brain just to look at your photos. That one is going to throb for weeks. All I can say is that I pray you your finger heals up 100% over time.

Take care and follow doctor's orders to avoid further complications.

Phil

Bob, any way you can leave that thing open until May? We could add ditch medicine into the training and it's always better to work with a real dummy rather than a fake one. ;)

Freakin ruined my dinner Bob. I take a week off from this damn Forum and you gotta call me and tell me to open these pics while I'm eating soup. Just about spit it out all over the keyboard.

Thanks for the offer to bring that piece to Justin's. I'll have to pass on that...

Still laughing out loud!

Oh man. It's not often I cringe, but that does the trick. Hope the finger heals up nice and quick.

Man, why do the pics have to bother me so much?

Right?! These images have revisited me several times this week during an idle moment or when using a knife and picturing doing the same thing to myself. Haunting ...

Bmurray Bmurray Thanks (I think) for being a poster child of a sort of "what not to do" or as a reminder to use caution.

The other thing that comes to mind with this is a high school memory when a friend put his pointer finger in a blender at work (pushing fruit or veggies in too far) and it just de-skinned his finger. They ended up doing a skin graft from his posterior .. imagine the jokes running wild (eg What he smelled when he picked his nose). Again, I hope things are going ok for you, infection is staying away, pain is minimal ... and I guess the consolation is that they didn't do a butt-skin graft. :)

knives are sharp! :D whoopsy. looks like you planed down your index finger pretty good. could have been much worse, though. and, looks like no permanent damage, which is good.

speedy recovery Bob.

Saute that with some onions and garlic.

Seriously hope your healing goes well, removing tissue is a long healing process.

Bill

Wow, I just stumbled in here and mixed morning coffee with that pic. I can so see myself doing something like that. Heal up quick, and glove up next time.

Do you think as a matter of design that a dedicated guard would have prevented your injury?

Alternately, was there a way to perform that task that could have reduced the risk?

I would like to avoid it on this end so please do share the takeaway.

No because I had my left hand where it shouldn't have been. I was rocking the blade as i was push cutting to remove the bamboo limbs and it went straight thru with my razor sharp scandi. It was a careless oversight on my part. The only thing that would have saved me was my cut proof LEO gloves.

No because I had my left hand where it shouldn't have been. I was rocking the blade as i was push cutting to remove the bamboo limbs and it went straight thru with my razor sharp scandi. It was a careless oversight on my part. The only thing that would have saved me was my cut proof LEO gloves.

I'm still sorry about your wicked-bad injury, almost as sorry that I saw the result, and reminded all over again to always be mindful of where a blade will end up if it slips-- or in your case, if it cuts more adroitly than anticipated.

Uh, sorta like:
Screen%20Shot%202017-04-22%20at%203.17.33%20PM.png~original

:rolleyes:

:D

(How're you feeling, now?)

~ P.

Back