My first and last order at HI

Edit:
Awww to hell with it. I've always said it like it is...:p :D
He just doesn't "get it.":barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :rolleyes:

From what I've read this jerkwad only wants bragging rights. If he's that damned proud of his gear he needs something made in a precision factory, not something made on a brick floor in the poorest country in the world by some of the finest bladesmiths that ever lived.
I sure wouldn't trust anyone so proud of his gear that it had to be absolutely perfect because he's a perfectionist.:rolleyes:
I've always put my trust in the experienced fellow with the stained and well used equipement and that hasn't ever failed me.
The fellow with the pretty equipement that has no signs of use is going to be more concerned with scratching it that he isn't going to put it to proper use IMO.:rolleyes: :p

That was the fastest edit I've ever seen Yvsa.....not bad for an old guy :D

well, I guess wasn't that fast now that I look at the times ;)

They sure are purdy though, ain't they? :)

Well...I would say "wood speaks to me", but considering the twisted minds of some today... :footinmou

John

Sorry Stmm- I agree with the old ndn and the Nasty- and here's why:

Number one- options and responses were provided immediately for this problem- but that did not quell his disatifaction. Name me any other seller who would have addressed this as did Bill. This man continued.

Number two- Nasty has it right. My old man was a quality assurance engineer. You can bet he'd be with Nasty on this one. If you didn't allow yourself enough time for any problems to be resolved before a deployment they it was your own fault- whether that deployement was overseas, to a job interview, a wedding- you get the idea- things happen in life and you must be prepared. This man continues.

Number three- this man is obviously disatisifed with life, and no amount of polish or perfection is going to solve that. This man continues.

This man is not fit for many types of service. I would accept, however, because of his obsessive compulsive disorder, that he be allowed to change bandages, clean toilets, and wash dishes. It would probably be OK if he was a computer programer too.

I have no more sympathy for him. I lost it half way down the first page of this nonsense. I was very kind to him- it went right over his head.

That's right buddy- you do not have the right to go on and on about how you were wronged- not without being told what a fool you are for doing so.

munk

To all those being sent in harm's way: stay safe and God be with you.
Regards,
Greg

Yvsa said:
From what I've read this j*****d only wants bragging rights. If he's that damned proud of his gear he needs something made in a precision factory, not something made on a brick floor in the poorest country in the world by some of the finest bladesmiths that ever lived.
I sure wouldn't trust anyone so proud of his gear that it had to be absolutely perfect because he's a perfectionist.:rolleyes:
I've always put my trust in the experienced fellow with the stained and well used equipement and that hasn't ever failed me.
The fellow with the pretty equipement that has no signs of use is going to be more concerned with scratching it that he isn't going to put it to proper use IMO.:rolleyes: :p

Yvsa,to ask what I payed for is not asking too much... about my gear don't worry it don't look new anymore after a short period of use. But there again somebody judging without knowing who he speak about... :barf:
Now if you want to speak philosophy, in my opinion, the guy who pay for a top of the line knife and accept with a big smile to only get blems is a fool.

Fair enough Munk, just can't help thinking that this is becoming more and more pointless as threads go. I agree on the time issue etc, I would be fairly irritated myself if something arrived in time but wasn't up to scratch, then again I would accept the fact that it wasn't there and leave it at that (then again I would have ordered it months in advance, thats just me). As I say though, probably time to let it die?

Oliver, I’m glad that you and Uncle Bill reached an agreement. I hope that this won’t be your last HI khuk, or you’ll miss out on the best khukuris made today.

This must be very important. You started this thread to let everybody know your thoughts about this situation. And most important, you want to know what other people think about it.

These khuks are not artworks; they are tools that are meant to be use. If you are going to really use your khuk, give it hell. When time comes, this tool will do its job.

Please don’t take a “nice khuk” to the field so others can see how shinny and pretty it is.
Pretty and shinny things can be “blinding” sometimes.

If you want a “nice khuk”, get a presentation piece, and leave it at home. That way it will always look perfect. Just like a collector’s item.

I would advise you to keep the khuks, and take them with you if you can. By the time you return from deployment they surely won’t look “nice”, but their performance will make for their looks.

And for your concerns about the trade, if Uncle Bill offered you a refund or a discount, you will get one. It won’t matter that you paid for the khuks as part of a trade. Uncle Bill’s word is beyond contestation.

Good luck and return safe.

woaw! OK guys! sorry if I said something about your favorits toys!
Munk, no worry I'm very satisfied with my life, I'm happy maried, have childrens and no I don't clean toilets in military I save lives, and deploy while you do what? sit on your chair and wait? or better speak about situation doing nothing?
Obsessive compulsive disorder? did you find it in a book? explain it to me, since few words in a thread is enough for you to put this etiquette on me...there again it say more on you than on me...
Now I will leave this thread and this forum, I tough it was a constructive place where to get good advice but I only found personnals critics based on nothing.

I put black grip tape on my handle to kill glare. If I was being deployed, I think I'd tape the edge and spray paint black or green, like you'd do with your e-tool.

John

Actually Jose- these are works of art- even the used ones, the damaged ones.

munk

Should've got a villager, but a perfect (ly) good tool wouldn't be satisfactory. He just doesn't get it.
Had to go back and edit my 1st post. Hell, I've always said it like it is, sure miss my signature!:(

Oliver- I'm glad you have a life and help others- thats good!! You are now attacking my life because I told you the truth about your behavior here? Is this logical to you?

While this was going on my 20 month old baby woke. I lifted him from the crib but that wasn't good enough- he wanted to be carried. I carried him downstairs and to the kitchen. He was still crying and whining. I poured him a cup of juice knowing his blood sugar was down. He threw the juice on the floor and yelled. I picked it up and offered it to him one more time- he threw it on the floor, so I picked it up and placed it high on the shelf. He finished rolling around the floor and gestured he wanted the juice cup. He'd stopped whining. I gave it to him and he threw it triumphantly on the floor.

My baby's name is not Oliver, though it could be.

munk

munk said:
Actually Jose- these are works of art- even the used ones, the damaged ones.

munk

Couldn’t agree more with you, indeed they are works of art.

They are not "artworks" (something not meant to be use, only looked upon).

And they sure are purdy, ain't they? ;-)

Hi all!

I can understand that you get angry when you order somthing and it's not what your expected! enought off that we would all be that!

But start to be really personel and BS other peoples job/ skills without knowing the person is bad! I'm A sergent in the Danish Army in a recon unit. I know oli personel And stand 110% behind him! he have done much more than me and have saved lives!!! BS on his skills are not good! He would not be where he was if he did't have tryed and done what he have believe me!

Oli have been on several ops where he and his unit have saved soldiers from other countrys, including USA. So insulding a soldier in that way is really bad in millitary cirkels!! If you haven't been out sharp keep you oppinion to youself! juge him on his post not on his skills and job!!

Nicolai

Back