My First Barlow Giveaway - Winner Chosen

Im in and thank you for the opportunity. It was Charlies T.C. version of the pattern that brought me to the Blade Forum's so it wouldn't be my first Barlow but it would be my first Camillus. :D

Hi Greg. Nice knife, and nicer still for you to offer it up. While I'm quite fond of the Barlow and would love to own a Camillus, I'll sit this one out since I was a recent GAW recipient. Very nice gesture!

Thank you all for the kind words and the entries. They are appreciated.

Thanks also to those who have shared stories of things that have made them smile recently. Each one has made me smile, too. :)

Greg, I very much enjoy your posts and conversation: I'm surprised it's only a year since you've been hanging out on the Porch here, it feels much longer, my friend.

I'm in. This pattern of knife is underrepresented in my collection, although I have a soft spot for it as it represents the nostalgia I feel for the Australian Bunny knives of my childhood.

One thing in the past week which made me smile, was taking a sampan boat ride up the Kelantan river to visit an island near the Thai border. I posted about it in the Beverages thread. It made me think of the Joseph Conrad books I enjoyed reading in my youth.

In please [emoji846] It would be my first Camillus [emoji106]
And porch thingy lol .
What made me smile was my tc Barlow I purchased from PNWJimbo that was lost in the mail and he offered to give me a full refund and then the knife showed up after it was delivered to the wrong address due to a fill in mailman .
Double smile on that one and props to PNWJimbo [emoji106]

Last edited:
I'm in! I don't have any Camillus-branded knife in my collection! thanks for the opportunity!

Count me in. I've never had a Camillus or a Barlow. I've bid on a few and never won. Thanks for the chance!

Greg, not an entry, but that is a pretty knife. Thanks for the always friendly and positive contributions you make here on the Porch.

Andrew

Bumping this to give any mostly-weekend porch visitors a chance to notice and enter if they'd like to. I'll pick the winner on Tuesday morning.

I'm in. Thank you for the opportunity.

I had one of these back around the late 70's and carried it daily until it was confiscated upon my reporting to Army basic training in 1980. I had found it on the ground probably 5 years earlier . It was already shortened by the previous owner who apparently tried to pry something with the main blade. Despite that it served me well and to be honest I still miss it. :)

Joe

Last edited:
Greg, belated congratulations on your 1-year anniversary at BF! :thumbup: That's a FANTASTIC old Barlow you're putting up for grabs; characteristic generosity from you! :cool:;)

Not an entry, though. As much as I'd love to get a venerable Barlow like that someday, it would not be my first Barlow; I have 4 Barlows already, so that earns me a -3! And I have a couple of Camillus knives, giving me another -1. First GAW?? I enter almost any non-GEC GAW, so let's say I've entered 40 (conservative number but facilitates computation :rolleyes:) and thus lose 10 entries for that! That's at least a -14 for me; I can't afford to enter this GAW!! :eek::D:D

But I will add that ongoing Porch generosity ALWAYS makes me smile! :p So it's usually a question of what makes me smile each day, instead of what makes me smile this week! Amazing place and amazing grace! :cool:

Thanks for all your contributions, both to The Porch as a whole and to me individually, in this past year, Greg! :thumbup: Best wishes to all the participants! :D

- GT

Last edited:
I'm in and it would be my first Camillus-branded knife.
Congrats and thanks for your generosity.

I'm in. Lots of smiling this past week. My niece had a baby boy and he is perfect! Thanks for the chance.

I'm in. I too have never owned a Camillus. Thanks for the opportunity.

At the time of this post I'm on my actual porch, reading posts on the porch while whittling a mushroom and watching my kids jump on the trampoline. Happy Presidents Day!

Thank you everyone for your kind words, your entries, and for sharing the things that have made you smile recently.

The winner, with 1 + 3/4 + 1/2 = 2 1/4 entries, is JupiterPaladin:

I'm in! This would be my first Barlow and first Camilla, and what a wonderful first it would be ;)

Congratulations JupiterPaladin! Please email me your name and mailing address and I'll get the Barlow on its way to you.

Wow what an awesome way to start a work day! Thanks so much for the opportunity to put an old workhorse back to work :) I will use the link on your profile to email you. Let me know if you don't get it!

Back