My first David Williamson Ozark Tradition Knife Works knife

I found David Williamson looking for some of his scales for one of my Spyderco Mules. Then I out about about what he does...

David does a bunch of things that I really like:

1. He works with the latest steels.

2. He doesn't mind heat treating them to a high RC.

3. His work is absolutely beautiful.

4. His goal is to build exactly what you are working for.

5. IMO for what you get, his pricing is VERY fair.​

So I started talking to David in October of 2013. It took a little while to figure-out exactly what I wanted but he was more than patient with me. From the point that we finalized the knife to receipt was just over four months. I am used to waiting for Randall's so this was fantastic to me.

Finalized on a knife with a bit of a recurve-type blade made from K390 with a heat treat at 63-64 RC. Carbon fiber and primo ironwood scales were the choice.

The knife received is sharper than any knife I've ever owned and I LOVE a sharp knife (I use a Wicked Edge). I won't be touching this edge until it won't whittle hair. Also, the wood is IMO as purdy as it gets and goes well with the CF.

Overall, I'm very pleased. I actually have my next knife in the works (at least I've started the process). Here's some pics for your enjoyment:

20140430_165356.jpg

20140430_165409.jpg

20140430_165444.jpg

20140430_165454.jpg

Awesome!! I've got a one off that David made for me in S690. Very very happy with his work. Great guy to boot!

Awesome!! I've got a one off that David made for me in S690. Very very happy with his work. Great guy to boot!
Very nice!

I'm looking forward to using this one. I have quite a few knives and at the moment, this one is my favorite. We'll see though, we are working on finalizing my next one...

How do I find OTK and David Williamson. I have tried forever and not found a web site for him or Facebook page. Is he still making knives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a beast of a chopper he made out of PD1. It's a fabulous blade. Soon after I received it (May 2014) I noticed his website disappeared. At the time he was using ozarktradition@yahoo.com . Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Back