My first & gateway knife - Ganzo Firebird F759M

Status
Not open for further replies.
ydrq53fntx251.jpg

......um.... yeah.............. Well, you see........
.............. uh
Welcome to the forum!
Please tell me that you have since moved on to something a bit less........ polarizing.

Someone should explain...
Before I joined here, I thought a ganzo was something Ted Nugent did.
Doubley.

Welcome to the forums.

Ok, I'll bite. If you are wondering what some of the responses are to your first post, I will try to explain.

I would guess the majority of the folks (ie. > 51%) at BFs are not fans of Ganzo knives. They have a rep/history of clones/counterfeits. This doesn't sit well with many of us. The knife you bought sure looks like a Spyderco Delica 4.

In the future, if you need a new knife and are working with a tight budget, post here, there are plenty of good knives at various price points. We are happy to help.

Welcome to the forums.

Ok, I'll bite. If you are wondering what some of the responses are to your first post, I will try to explain.

I would guess the majority of the folks (ie. > 51%) at BFs are not fans of Ganzo knives. They have a rep/history of clones/counterfeits. This doesn't sit well with many of us. The knife you bought sure looks like a Spyderco Delica 4.

In the future, if you need a new knife and are working with a tight budget, post here, there are plenty of good knives at various price points. We are happy to help.

Thanks all

First of all, I forgot to clarify that I'm not from the US, so the selection at my place is pretty limited, not to mention I need to pay more than what people here paid due to importation and currency exchange. What might be called cheap and budget here can easily become pretty expensive for me, and stuffs like Benchmade and Spyderco is straight away expensive.

Btw, aside from Spyderco Delica 4, this F759M also looks like Byrd Meadowlark 2

Thanks all

First of all, I forgot to clarify that I'm not from the US, so the selection at my place is pretty limited, not to mention I need to pay more than what people here paid due to importation and currency exchange. What might be called cheap and budget here can easily become pretty expensive for me, and stuffs like Benchmade and Spyderco is straight away expensive.

Can't tell if you are serious or just a troll. Go do some research on ganzo and come back to us with what you think.

Thanks all

Welcome to BF. A Ganzo is about the last knife I would buy. But any knife is better than no knife, even a counterfeit or a close copy of a Spyderco. I used to buy a lot of SOG knives back when I first joined here. That stopped almost instantly when they offered a knife that was very similar to a Spyderco. But I do understand completely a higher cost is due to currency, VAT taxes, importation taxes, and so forth; at least you got yourself a knife.

One of the nice things about the US is the lack of import fees on many things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back