My first & gateway knife - Ganzo Firebird F759M

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but which part make you think this might be a troll?

I see. Thanks for clarifying.
First post to an enthusiast knife forum that despises cloning counterfeiters, is of a knife that is in fact a clone made by known counterfeiters that hurt the knife industry, this hobby, and this community. We've seen lots of folks troll this community in the very same way. Either you don't know or you are trolling. Tell me how it looks...

If you want to learn, this is a great place. If you want to talk up clones and counterfeits, this will not be the place for you.

Where do you live? There's tons of good quality knives out there for the buyer on a budget, even in Europe, if that's where you are.

A country in South East Asia

First post to an enthusiast knife forum that despises cloning counterfeiters, is of a knife that is in fact a clone made by known counterfeiters that hurt the knife industry, this hobby, and this community. We've seen lots of folks troll this community in the very same way. Either you don't know or you are trolling. Tell me how it looks...

If you want to learn, this is a great place. If you want to talk up clones and counterfeits, this will not be the place for you.

I see. From a short tour here looks like some folks are too hostile when discussing this topic (especially coming from Reddit related subs)

I see. From a short tour here looks like some folks are too hostile when discussing this topic (especially coming from Reddit related subs)
We are very passionate about our hobby and the good companies that support it with their products. The company you have chosen for your first knife is one of the bad companies that steals from the other companies. Sorry.

There is only one way to look at this topic here. If your feelings are going to be hurt by the fact that you chose incorrectly for your first knife then this is not the place for you. If you would like to learn how to make better choices that don't hurt good honest people then this could be a great community for you. We can be very helpful but not for folks who can't understand the problem with companies like ganzo.

K KCCO , pack it in. There is no way you will ever get past this. Even though it appears this is an honest mistake, this is a forum you need to research thoroughly before you post. Counterfeits, clones, homages, similar shapes, similar designs, similar design aspects are NOT, specifically NOT tolerated. They SHOULD NOT BE, but simple ignorance of this aspect of how strongly most members of the forum feel about this issue is no excuse for what is considered trolling, or suspicious, or inflammatory behavior.

Even if you get past this, if you have another transgression, real or perceived, this thread will be resurrected, quoted, and your second mistake will be deemed a deliberate attempt to undermine the values of the forum.

Like I said, pack it in. You will never satisfy the herd.

Robert

Hi K KCCO and welcome to Blade Forums.

Yes, we are passionate about brands that threaten the integrity of the knife community. Ganzo is one of the biggest offenders.

I hope you don't feel attacked.

You mentioned that the knife was a gateway for you. What other knives are you considering now?

If you live in Southeast Asia, you probably have access to an international on-line seller who I won't mention as they are not a supporting vendor to Blade Forums. That seller has on-line stores from certain brands who don't crap on the industry like ganzo does. A couple brands that come to mind are Kizer and Bestech; both of whom have official stores via that on-line site.

If you purchase one of those brands, make certain to buy through the official store. IF you buy through the web site at large, you're just as likely to get a clone of one of those brands as the real thing. Such is the sad reality of clones and counterfeits in the knife world.

Good luck.

K KCCO , pack it in. There is no way you will ever get past this. Even though it appears this is an honest mistake, this is a forum you need to research thoroughly before you post. Counterfeits, clones, homages, similar shapes, similar designs, similar design aspects are NOT, specifically NOT tolerated. They SHOULD NOT BE, but simple ignorance of this aspect of how strongly most members of the forum feel about this issue is no excuse for what is considered trolling, or suspicious, or inflammatory behavior.

Even if you get past this, if you have another transgression, real or perceived, this thread will be resurrected, quoted, and your second mistake will be deemed a deliberate attempt to undermine the values of the forum.

Robert
I don't think this is fair to the OP or the rest of the members of this community.

I need to pay more than what people here paid due to importation and currency exchange.

chinese import rates must be horrendous at your place ...
Sad to hear.

I'll never buy anything from them, if possible !
Poor quality, low grace, high taxes, heavy restrictions ...

Robert
Not one of your most dramatic responses. I give it 7/10. You can do better:D

Robert
I've had my fun but that's a little... dark. I like Hackenslash Hackenslash 's response better. Thanks for the shiny footprints, guy.

:) It's very important , especially these days , to have freedom of expression in a supposedly open forum .

Otherwise it's NOT a "forum" at all . It's just an infomercial ! o_O

Or an exclusive club where everyone must agree or be vilified , harassed and ultimately banned ! :(:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

This place is definitely an open forum to discuss knives.

It's never going to be an "Everyone gets a Trophy" kind of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back