My first GAW: Micarta Scales GeofS Style

GeofS

“Nostra-bladus”
Gold Member
Greetings all,

I’ve been meaning to do this for a while now as I have been the recipient of and have also witnessed much generosity on this board. I love the spirit exhibited here. I’ve felt welcomed and I’ve learned a lot in my short time. The Becker forum is truly a wonderful place!

Here’s the give away, a freshly dyed brand new pair of tweener and full size Becker micarta scales in my signature maroon color (yes, they are still wet in the crappy nighttime pic below, I really did just finish dyeing them)..

vlJErIN.jpg

I love this color...

zA0nbtM.jpg

This GAW is open to both Beckerheads and non-Beckerheads (aka future Beckerheads). It would be my pleasure to ship them anywhere in the world.

Here’s how you enter; simply snap and post a pic of the two blades you would put them on if you won. That’s one pic featuring both blades. Easy enough, right?

This GAW will start immediately and will end next Thursday, October 18th at approximately noon eastern US time. At that point I will use a random number generator to choose a winner.

You can enter as many times as you’d like, just submit a new pic each time.

Wait, there’s one more criteria for eligibility and I will be a stickler checking this before I announce the winner. Please check yourself before you enter. In order to be eligible, you must have posted at least 10 times here on the Becker Boards from September 5th to October 10th. That’s a five week span that ended yesterday. I think that eligibility criteria is very fair and was easily attained by anyone that has been active here. Bottom line, this board is best when folks are active; I want to reward that.

So, what are you waiting for? They sure are pretty...

LJc2x92.jpg

Good luck all! :D

Awesome, that’s a great combo! Thanks for breaking the ice, tanglediver. :thumbsup:

My pleasure. Just reciprocating the kindness I’ve experienced here. :thumbsup:

oops - just reread the opening post - I am ineligible for this giveaway because I've been a horrible slacker.
I can't delete my post; but there's nothing to see here.

Not sure if I'm allowed to be in... as there's only one Becker in my collection I can't meet all the criteria.
You scales are the most awesome ones ever and are THE perfect step (or 10 steps up actually ;) )up for my trusty red grivory ones:

hHVNoYOpEpAitY_VonIQvAf8BNWVvoWMpcWLzQ07Vs5rGhdujRZEcl-jOUjqt_nw8mdHKcvraNTSa5v6yDsEAH3zEfai3ubdBVEIRy-VdQUG2N_kYgLbl6k-xoK3861Aw12p1ChP66do0f3R78dycGMy1_yQK5G711u-Fw67HNsul0C4c04vwngBNzs8vlGHKy-1eBzNvinF9FRJ7oAwPHlfmBQ7qhSTwW3jders5jxRId__hA4RJLJjSbg64lKqYGMd92mEea8RnxX8-YTGp8V3uK0t77S6b9CCklFxhyBcpWXSYfnTWDYF5cSE5-k4NzY1R4thzNpfb1uWi76P7WvpuXGYxBbIog9k4DlQ44yzJtyyLTtFIc8dcaocz3i1XA0X2lxppeVnc5p-Kn4oLnmOcGKL_QLx3-Yuve3F4sjV36nM7qtZY3KsJUbkcCAhHxGEXzuakj3LnOR94A9aqKKFcSWfAdxg9TCCDnDiYQZAH3VkHSlYWtvbYVCaXocgzQs-9qSseHUePa3c4Ursep9V4jDblyD9fiZ1zDNfiOR33k7FmB_PifO_j5pkWCl-tlBQi1OBqKcV9XlDs_We3O_w7gXUWkuxdOAh5lIhBICXReTaLNuSLAW0b26LFaw=s800-no

(fresh apple and fresh picture)

udvmyswTJi5chBNU8glWuy2rJy0UipMI-_A9YweTi6akHLF3upmTSgr4log4QOxquZzn-p8X__uFDTrBbnK-I96jE6CbhKZB515kKUEsohFhSXDug_FV4rEHgTJrmq-WPjWHV4eMkxLze9RSY2qeaeBHNyzWPuX6wOMnWum4nC-3PRswT9VepyGCHHj3MQ8p-n9sS0jZH2gFUwg69XLX-spgiSbfYfQwrRXr_ColMPTofsDfCoThR2hxpU4rqJRf8MFZAKYaactEH_IiFPwRsJAiAXcwNhwgDO16T8AOhJ0YAnYtiLZJPvCkvLxgLCR72w8PCrZcTmp8R1Cy-GmvUjDftfle8CGrGGMoGsI6s75-6AQXJ13BMykmuFYsbYbLIX7u1EEu9nclJodPhEt951EEEVEXIg6qTyKGzhCMuf1zxO5i0ICPM7pWtHKkHqhhJB4bkPAdjz86vB5zHKvda3x9OZoPVJbxGQJSXI4N05Dy9GJVjcN_kCNWzzpJAYUfTqaTrAMtbKJXXgXtSnB7PQLmsYHdk3i50E5lq9JWzvl1rr87Y9tV9bdo8FQBfQljewDkEwG22U8PmvJTdm6vrrWI6GdhHwgdbRjFnM-pfezwyez5geE44JZs76IaQ1E=w800-h533-no

(the apple didn't stand a chance to my BK 7's mean edge, didn't even us a baton :p)

If I'm allowed in and am the lucky devil who's number comes up, I'd be honored to either donate the tweener scales to someone else or buy a BK16 to mount them on.
Goodluck to everyone and a big thanks GeofS GeofS for the AWESOME and generous GAW.

Last edited:
Knoefz, I love your post and pics but I don’t think it would be fair to those who already entered and met the criteria. I really am sorry. I promise I will do this again.

Knoefz, I love your post and pics but I don’t think it would be fair to those who already entered and met the criteria. I really am sorry. I promise I will do this again.
I understand, no hard feelings.
Super gaw my friend.

Again, goodlucknto everyone :)

I appreciate your understanding, brother. :thumbsup:

Looks like I'm a little shy on the post count. Awesome GAW and nice work on the scales.

Cheers and good luck to the entrants!

NOT AN ENTRY but here's my only becker at the moment, until the BK62 comes out.
Bg6uQQDl.jpg

Cool give-a-way man, thanks for doing it. Not in, but very much appreciated. For one, I don't own a tweener, and two, I just don't feel like winning yet again, haha. You'll see what I mean....

GeofS GeofS , a fine gesture and I would like to enter, if I may. Admittedly, I had to go and check to see if I met your criteria and I do, but just barely. Work has been such that I have been relatively quiet on the forums, though I have been poking my head in and reading a fair amount. The announcement of the 62 certainly is doing quite a bit to introduce some fresh buzz in this sub and that is very good to see.

Micarta dresses up a Becker like nothing else and I am slowly, but surely, going through and upgrading my knives. The two pictured below are amongst the ones who have not had the pleasure yet, I think they would look rather smashing in red. I took them out for a pic and realized that the 5 had some light surface rust that had developed. I took some time and got it knocked off but I'll need to give it a true patina one of these days.

pBSCKcV.jpg

I just finished a 13 hour work day so apologies as this post will not be as detailed as I would like it to be.

I really dig what you guys have written. Great entries so far, keep them coming! :D

Man, I’m seeing a lot of camaraderie here on this board tonight. It’s quite touching to see the community looking out for each other. That’s why it is my pleasure to do this. :thumbsup:

Just a friendly reminder of what I initially posted, feel free to enter more than once. The drawing will be at noon next Thursday and it is my intention to mail it the very same day.

Back