My first HI Khukris

Bigfattyt

Gold Member
Hello all. Figured I would introduce my self, and show my first two HI Khukries.

I have owned other Khukri like objects. I had a Busse KZII, and a cold steel Magnum Khukri machete. I have also had an imported Khukri from unknown manufacturer. It has a guard, and full tang handle. (Not too hard on the edge, and no markings).

I am very pleased with the two HI khukri so far. I need to make a new sheath and fix the cut in the supplied sheath (the wood has parted, and there is about a 2 inch cut). I bought that one pre owned, but unused.

cDXBGyE.jpg

I can say that the 17.5 inch 28 ounce Pach Chirra by Thamar. Sisau wood handled Khukri slays water bottles.

I have not cut with the 18 inch 14 ounce Reti Knife by Kumar, with Horn handle yet. But it is fast.

Xf5lnSz.jpg

Nice to meet you. Those are some good ones. I used my brother's Reti to slice up a watermelon this weekend and it worked great. I have used epoxy to fix sheaths with that same issue. Wrap your blade thinly with plastic wrap or tin foil and put it back in the sheath. This will keep epoxy off the blade and make sure the blade still fits. Then put painters tape very close to the cut leather on the outside to keep from getting epoxy on the outside leather. Then mix up some epoxy and carefully dab it in there. When you are done squeeze the leather to meet in the middle. I've done this to a few that I bought used. You will still be able to see a dark line where the slit was but it will be stronger than original. I doubt it will cut through the sheath a second time. Nice picture by the way.

I might just make a leather sheath.

But will try the epoxy as well. I was planning on bending some brass or copper and then putting another piece of leather over the top to make the sheath "cutproof".

Here is an open spine Khukri sheath I made some years ago.

LVFGeJh.jpg

Wow! Great job. Looks like you already know what you are doing. Whenever you do whatever you do, please post pictures for us. We love pictures:D

Hey Man, nice to meet you, your khuks look great and will serve you well. The sheaths you made look pretty nice, like Eric said we love pics here, if ya make one for you new khuk we would love to see it.

Hi, BFT:

That's a fine selection for your first two HI blades. The Thamar is a real beauty. The long Reti Knives are great; most of the Reti's are around 14" long.

Back