My first knife

Well... it's ugly as homemade sin, and I still need to clean up the ricasso area among other things... but here is my first one

541228adf315bc98e576fb3453106861.jpg
f34874f553fb4487fd9f6dc7bf0bf2f5.jpg
045dcbbe06d2295dc0508d3f022ebb6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job - interesting shape.

Thanks! My belt sander - the harbor freight 1 by 30 - is a nightmare. It's like trying to hollow grind with a chainsaw. That's why I call this shape "the leftovers" lol.

Thanks... it's a great feeling! I'll also say that I lost 35 lbs since beginning this project. Lol. This is the best hobby I've ever had.

Congrats, I dig it! :thumbup:

I use a 1x30 also, and it definitely forces you to be careful and you can't get lazy while using it, so I'm hoping that's a good thing? :)

Thanks! My belt sander - the harbor freight 1 by 30 - is a nightmare. It's like trying to hollow grind with a chainsaw. That's why I call this shape "the leftovers" lol.

How are you hollow grinding with a harbor freight 1x30?

Congrats, I dig it! :thumbup:

I use a 1x30 also, and it definitely forces you to be careful and you can't get lazy while using it, so I'm hoping that's a good thing? :)

Thanks! I appreciate the nice comments

"the harbor freight 1 by 30 - is a nightmare." Been there, done that, recently made a 2x72 which helps a lot with things.

Good job with that grinder, it's a lot of trouble, no HP to work with, too fast on belt speed for finishing & a PITA, all at the same time!

How are you hollow grinding with a harbor freight 1x30?

I use the little 2 inch top wheel and a ton of wd40. It's very hard for me, but it works. This blade is .020 thick from edge up about
.25 then I just pushed the grind up toward top. Totally sucks to do this on my grinder.

I only ever flat ground with that machine. If you do that, make sure you have the platen squared up. You many need to bend it a bit. you can adjust the front to back and trueness to the belt with 3 allen screws at the base of the platen.

Back