Photos My first knife...

Hi everyone. I'll keep this short as my intention is to post a walk through thread of my process but I just wanted to get some photos up initially and hopefully get some feedback and get talking to some like minded people about my first blade.

OENUWPx.jpg

DXRDYUT.jpg

ZA2a8xP.jpg

LldmGvr.jpg

aMkWrgu.jpg

Anyway, blade is 01. Reverse Tanto with a belly maybe?! :) Brass tubes and Oak handles.

Heat treated with two blowtorches. I feel I got the cutting edge pretty hard, other than the very heal of the blade. :( It was my second quench so I didn't want to push it.

Everything was done using hand tools bar some drilling.

Acid etched, and stone washed. My first stone wash too. Pretty chuffed.

I'd love to get some feedback. Also, some tips as to how and where best to post the walk through. Im straggling with this site a bit.

Last edited:
I like it.
Do you actualy put your indexfinger in the choil when holding the knife?
Is so the edge is very close to your finger. Maybe round the edge towards the handle 1/16"to 1/32"

I like it.
Is so the edge is very close to your finger. Maybe round the edge towards the handle 1/16"to 1/32"
Hi Hengelo,

Busted. I love a finger choil. So I only used the knife for the first time yesterday. I did use the choil and it was quite comfortable. I can see what you mean though. Something to consider on the next one.

But you're right, I was concerned there wasn't enough handle for the trigger finger there. Took a quick snap for you. It mainly sits on the wood and full width steel. Quite roomy in there. :)

pV7fxBM.jpg

Last edited:
I LOVE the blade shape. You got the design thing quickly. As Mecha Mecha noted, the facets look good.

You will do well. Keep it up.

Coop
Hey Coop. Thanks man! Very encouraging!

Im a graphic designer, so I've been drawing blades pretty intensively for the last year or so. Great that you noticed. I tried to keep the design pretty simple. You know... first knife, and the fact I was pretty limited by what I could achieve in the spare room of my apartment :D.

Really appreciate it.

Looks a real good user:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I like it.
Agreed, as you said an easy fix.

look forward to seeing more.

Back