My latest non-locking flipper.....

I like flippers for the convenience and fun factor but I find locking knives to be kind of a pain in the butt. So this is the second knife I have made that has a flipping action but does not lock open but instead is held open by the detent balls. This is going to be my new work knife so I can operate it with one hand, unlike a locking knife, which is convenient when working on ladders etc.

The blade is W2 .200” thick and the liners are titanium with G-10 scales and an aluminium spacer for light weight. Overall length is 10 inches which is pretty big for a pocketknife so I was thinking of adding a clip out of 410 stainless. Thanks for looking.

IMG_2028.JPG

IMG2_2029.jpg IMG2_2031.jpg IMG2_2032.jpg IMG2_2033.jpg IMG2_2035.jpg IMG2_2036.jpg IMG2_2034.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Insipid. Yes I do like my non-locking flipper for convenience but you do have to take care not to close it on your fingers; something I found out the hard way.

Last edited:
I like it, but it seems very impractical--the issue you mentioned-closing on you when you don't want is the reason for a liner or back lock IMO.

Back