My most recent kydex project

Hey all. Glad to see we finally got this forum. I've got a few sheaths on the go now, but I thought I'd post some pics of the drop leg baton hoder I made for a guy my brother works with. He's a security guard for the summers at a vacation trailer park. A guy he works with asked him if i could do a baton holder. Always game to try something new so I said sure. My brother brought me a Galls catologue, pointed at a drop leg holster and said this is what he wants. I figured "Who am I to question why?" and I gave it a go. Here are some pics of the near finished product. I had yet to polish the edges and clean off the pencil and epoxy marks. Made a few spacing errors but it fit wel and rode comfortable. Here you go...

Front
058.jpg

Back view showing the olded leg strap loops
059.jpg

The Snap I used to make it detachable had a reflector on it, figured it wasn't tactical enough for this fellow so I embossed a rattlesnake on some scrap leather and dyed it black. I also reinforced the loop ith kydex.
060.jpg

The funny thing is the guy's boss waited until he paid my brother for me then told him he can't wear it. Picture the guy walking around a family oriented vacation spot wearing it and you can see why. Thanks for looking. Feedback is welcomed as always. Cheers.

Yeah, sorry about that, hence the edit :rolleyes: I'm not exactly computer savy. My laptop was n the shop for a while as the hardrive kicked so I'm out of practice. Luckily I had a good warranty but the tech guy gave me a look when he noticed a mustard stain (I know, I know, a computer is not a plate). Good luck to you and thanks for the heads up. Cheers.

-Chris

Back