My most used SAK tool, what's yours

A few months back, I was shopping for a SAK. All I knew was that I wanted an alox handle. After hours of comparing, I settled on a Pioneer. I wanted the bottle and can openers and as for the awl, well, that was just an extra piece that I wouldn't use. To my surprise, I have used the awl more than any of the other tool. Even the blade. I find the it is a great multi-tasker. Everything from punching holes, to cutting plastic ties, to cleaning under my nails. The awl is my favorite and most used SAK tool. What about you?

I like the reamer/awl on my Super Tinker. It's handy for a lot of things. I probably use the scissors more than anything else on it though.

On my Wenger SI, the awl definitely gets a lot of use. On my Rambler, I use the blade and scissors about the same number of times.

Got to have scissors and saw, but the awl I use a lot more than I thought, thinking things over :) Huntsman mainly.

The knife on my Cadet gets used the most, usually to open packages. But my favorite tool is the scissors and bit driver my my CT41.

Awl for sure followed close by the main blade. I use the 50th anniversary soldier model.

can opener, screw driver and of course the blade. scissors come in handy too many times.

Screw driver and main blade. I do have a waiter that goes with us when we travel so the cork screw sees use.

Absolutely the awl on my Pioneer. I've gotten where I carry it more than any other just because of the awl. The awl on standard models just doesn't work as well.

On the Alox Minichamp, I really like the the orange peeler / scraper. Don't really use it for peeling oranges, but I do use it for a lot of other misc. things. Of course the scissors are also used alot.

Most use a small blade on my Climber for electric cables and rubber hoses.

My awl has become loosely from drilling aluminum and hard plastic.:(

Awl on the Soldier (Pioneer) is much stronger!:thumbup:

SAK Alox Farmer. EDC for about 7 years. Work in lawn care and use the saw blade alot.
VICFarmerMaratacAAA.jpg

Last edited:
My most used tool. That's a tough one. Id say probably the large blade and awl. Even use with both.

Back