My name is Gary...and I'm a Whittler Addict.....'Hi Gary'

Fortunately I am unaffected by this particular vice, emphasis on particular. However, I did provide some leather therapy to another lost whittler............. Poor guy, oft times to be seen typing in these very pages.

r2pAtRw.jpg

Very kool!
G2

That stag seahorse Whittler is just gorgeous Gary...I'm calling dibs if it needs a new home;)

~Chip

Thanks Chip, have a guy at work that is waiting patiently for the newness to wear off, he is also in love with this one!
G2

Gary, I think your whittler sickness is spreading. Yesterday I picked up two Camillus 72 whittlers, one in SS and the other in carbon. Got them locally; great walk and talk, just gorgeous pieces of Cutlery. Trying to decide which to carry/use.
And to finish out the day, the Case Seahorse Whittler that I had ordered arrived early. Mine is in green bone. Very nice fit and finish.
Decisions, decisions.....

John

Btw, love that stag whittler. If I’d seen that one I believe I’d have chosen it over the green bone.

must...resist...another...Seahorse...must...resist...uhgg...

As the song goes “It’s not a habit, it’s cool, I feel alive...I’m not an addict...maybe that’s a lie”

I only need a Neptune 38 to have the set now! And I have a lead!! Then on to finish those pesky 33s and 57s...is this going to take long? *chuckle*

Attachments

• 63E3792C-9C20-4250-AE0E-A435590334F4.jpeg
    63E3792C-9C20-4250-AE0E-A435590334F4.jpeg
    331.3 KB · Views: 25
Pretty awesome collection!
G2

Love looking at the knives in this thread. I am a newbie knife guy. Could you please tell me what characteristics makes a knife a "Whittler". Thanks.
Larry

As the song goes “It’s not a habit, it’s cool, I feel alive...I’m not an addict...maybe that’s a lie”
Don't know the song but I bet it wasn't by Hank Williams, lol.
:eek: What an awesome collection - just OUTSTANDING!!
Grats and good luck on finding the Neptune 38. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll git 'er dun!

Love looking at the knives in this thread. I am a newbie knife guy. Could you please tell me what characteristics makes a knife a "Whittler". Thanks.
Larry
The Whittler pattern definition I've seen is a large main blade opposite two smaller secondary blades.

The perfect pattern, by the way;)

~Chip

Last edited:
Larry
Obviously, the definition that WValtakis is 100% correct.

My idea of a whittler is the main blade on two springs that split to support the two smaller blades. That wasn't very clear was it?--Search "split back spring whittler"--KV

Back