My New Addition To Shop.

Yea this thing has trouble written all over it. I would have been happy finding a 3/4 hp but just could not pass up this 1 1/2 hp for $325 w/stand. But I am very paranoid about using one after reading some others post. Anyway it is at my shop if I decide to try one.

Attachments

• Buffer 2.jpeg
    Buffer 2.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 120
  • Buffer.jpeg
    Buffer.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 126
Hello darkness my old friend...

I have a fast Baldor buffer to and it takes some getting use to. I have a wheel on one side and wire on the other. I don’t buff a lot of stuff besides guards/handle material. But the wire wheel is invaluable. I’m constantly getting blades in for heat treat that have burs all along the edge. A quick zap on the wire and gone. It’s also nice for cleaning off scale and rust from other items. Great buffer, I though I had a good deal for my 1/2hp Baldor at $100 but yours is very nice.

Somebody tell me what wheel I should use to begin with please. 6" ? tight sewn wheel or loose clothe wheel ? Thanks

I have to share your sentiment. I don't want to be maimed or killed by a stupid knife I am trying to make. Seems counter-productive.
I just buff handles, before I mount them to the blade. I can get a very nice finish on a blade without a buffer.
Never been a fan of chromed metal anyway.

Yea I am not sure why I even bought it. I have 4 bench grinders in my shop and could put a wheel on any of them. I might just put it up for sale and try to make a couple bucks. I lost one finger with a saw don't need to have to start using my toes to wipe my %$$

Back