My new book, Knifemaking Hacks

Jason Fry

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Howdy, folks. I'm happy to announce the availability of my new book, Knifemaking Hacks: 384 tips to make knives like the pros. Published by our friends at BLADE magazine, this book contains a wide variety of short tips and tricks on all parts of knifemaking. It also includes over 100 full color professional photos of some of the best knives in the world by makers you'll certainly know, and some you won't.

Autographed copies are available through my website, www.frycustomknives.com/my-books The book is available at Jantz and the Gun Digest web store as well. If you are interested in distribution or resale, let me know.

hacks_thumb2.png

Fisk.jpg

Bump.jpg

Del-Raso.jpg

Awesome! I'll have to get one!
Not on Amazon?

Just ordered one from your website, btw...

Last edited:
No plans for Amazon at this time. Gun Digest web store, plus whatever knife supply places we can pick up. I left it to the publishing folks to do the calculations, but you can either do it the way we did and make better margin on fewer copies, or you can go the Amazon route and make less margin on more copies. This is what they thought would be the best route, and I have no reason to doubt their judgment.

Looks great Jason. Are the quotes your own, or the maker associated to each knife?

A little of both. All of the composition is mine, but I do reference specific things said by specific makers. I also tried hard to put pictures that went with the tips, so that there's a Fisk knife on the page about Fisk's shop wall, there's an Australian (Del Raso) knife on the Croc Dundee tip, etc.

Thanks, Foot Patrol! Enjoy!

Hey Jason I got the book last week! So far it's pretty dang informative and the photos are really top notch!

Ordered!

I'm a sucker for signed books.

I look forward to getting it.

I sold through the first 160 copies already, but have 80 more in transit. Orders from last week will go out as soon as the books arrive.

I was pleasantly surprised to see one of my knives in the book, and I also wondered about the quotes because the one by my knife is something I tell people regularly.

I was pleasantly surprised to see one of my knives in the book, and I also wondered about the quotes because the one by my knife is something I tell people regularly.
Most of the quotes, unless specifically attributed, are just my filtered thoughts from studying, reading the forums over the last 13 years, and the work I did for my other book. A lot if it is "common knowledge", just put next to pretty pictures lol.

Just got in 80 more copies. Folks who ordered in the last couple of weeks will ship out Wednesday.

I've got plenty on hand :) Now if I could just get my other publisher in gear, I could announce the other book lol.

Jantz and USA Knifemaker are carrying this one also.

Back