my new custom tomato slicing knife!

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
[video=youtube;0CITzvsG1nE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CITzvsG1nE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Today, a parcel I have been eagerly anticipating for some time arrived. So nicely packaged!

hmmm...a wooden box- what could be inside? Let's find out :)

These mysterious markings, what could they mean?

This side down? What's with the arrow, bro?

I was worried I wouldn't be able to open the box. Fortunately, in Toyota-esque fashion, tools are included!

This little pry bar is serving a second life. It started out as a tool to strip out metric allen fasteners...

If the knife works as well as the pry bar, I'm in luck! Is there irony here? Perhaps a sharpened prybar lies in wait?

Packaged in my shop colours even!

Is there treasure in there? Looks like!

It's not just rabbit eggs and paper in a fancy box. Wait, there's more!

But first, I'm sure these chocolate rabbit eggs will go down better than the ones those bunnies leave in my yard:barf:

Who is this 'Marchand' character, anyway?

Oh yeah, he's the guy who makes TRULY custom knives! I'm loving the bike part embossed leather, it speaks to me :)

Now that, is a burly knife!

A hefty handful of hardened, hacktastic hand steel!

Rick Marchand has definitely made his mark!

Thank you so much Rick! I absolutely love this knife and cannot wait til my next forest excursion...and the next, and the next and the next. When it comes to trail building, this little PIGgy is going to mark it!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

What kind of magical bladesmith powers does he possess? Shrinking crowbars and enchanting chocolate Easter eggs so they don't melt?

Ha!... I knew you'd try to slice tomatoes with the PIG. That's like combing your hair with a garden rake. It might work better at smashing garlic cloves.

I am glad you like it. The box is something I am experimenting with for shipping. Some have sliding lids(more Border Customs friendly for my U.S. and overseas friends). The crowbars are really fun to make. Go cut some trails, brother.

Rick

awesome!!
Killer packaging, Rick.

Show us a shot of the spine, Lorien. I want to see how that 3/32" paring knife looks in your hand. :D

Love the little prybar.

me too! It's not so great at opening the mail but that didn't stop me from using it for that. You all know how practical I am.

I'll get some more photos next time I'm in the wilds. I'll make sure to include a spine shot. I find spine photos are kind of like side boob photos- although people often don't go out of their way to see them, they're always happy when they do. Or maybe it's just me. Whatever.

Back